Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Thomaston, GA, United States
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Artese
Member #

Hello OB community I am new to overlanding and I have a 2005 Toyota Rav4 AWD and was looking into the General Grabber AT2 has anyone have a review on them are they worth the buy will the last the 60 mile warranty ect any information will be greatly appreciated thank you

#TRD #Rav4

Edward Gentle

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Huntsville Al
Member #

I'll be interested to see what people have to say because I'm looking at putting a set on my truck also.

Everything I've read says there good tires and I have found a couple of videos on youtube from people that utilized them and they got very good reviews.

Reactions: Rangervinny

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

I've got a set on my Xterra, and after almost a year, I'm very satisfied. I haven't tested them in super tough trail conditions, mostly FS and logging roads of varying quality, but in those cases, they worked very well (wet and dry). We had a ton of snow in Portland last year, and they were surprisingly grippy, better than I expected. My X is my DD, so I spend most of my time on road, and the Grabbers are quiet and comfortable. As a (somewhat) lower-priced alternative to BFG KO2's, I think they are a great option. I know there are a number of other folks who run them, so hopefully, they'll chime in as well.

Keboh

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Kansas City
Member #

I was just between these and Hankook MTs (I know, not very comparable tires, but that isn't the point). I was talking to a friend that's a tire vendor and he had great things to say about the AT2s from a performance standpoint. One thing he noted though is that, at least from his experience, they can be difficult to balance out and sometimes require a decent amount of weight to do so. They also need to be rotated very frequently as they're a bit more prone to uneven wear and cupping as some other tires.

Of course, big grain of salt; this isn't my experience, but experience that my tire-vendor friend gave to me earlier this week.

That said, if you're looking for Grabber AT2s, Discount Tire is running a Black Friday sale where you get $100 off a set of 4 tires and they have Grabber AT2s right now for a pretty good price even before that. If they're the tires you want to go with, might wanna take advantage of this sale: https://www.discounttire.com/promotions/black_friday

Taz.beast

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Middletown DE.
Member #

I've been running the grabbers for the past three years, on the beach, trails and rocks. Had no problems and have not got stuck, not once!!!

kcjoiner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Longview, Washington, United States
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Roy
Member #

I've got them on my XJ and my son had them on his VW Touareg and we both love them. Expedition Overland used them on their expedition up to Alaska and on the Mackenzie Trail in Canada and they proved to be a very capable tire. They are also one of the few snowflake rated tires in this category of tire, so they preform very well in the snow.

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
I've had Grabbers on a JK for three years and drive mostly tire-eating bull rock, they still look brand new and handle rotten snow well. When my Toyo Extremes wear out on the other JK, I'll slap Grabbers on her too.

Last edited:
Reactions: kcjoiner