Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR

Ok, It's officially holiday season, so we thought we would make months meetup of the 'tis the season variety. We would like to invite you to come by say howdy, enjoy some treats, and swap some overlanding stories, and maybe plan a winter outing...

Reactions: Kent R

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hi Jerry, look forward to seeing you there! Nice looking Tacoma!

Reactions: LunarOne

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hi Billy, Plenty of room, and yes kids are welcome, I believe there will be a couple of others there. We are planning on having a couple of kid friendly games or activities for any who show up. How many and how old are your kids? Look forward to seeing you.

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
just came to my attention that the Rally Point is not allowing folks to RSVP, says the event is at its limit for some reason... If you would like to come just leave a note in the comments, Thanks!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
just came to my attention that the Rally Point is not allowing folks to RSVP, says the event is at its limit for some reason... If you would like to come just leave a note in the comments, Thanks!
It’s fixed now, you had the RSVP was set to 0, @Michael set it to 25 for you

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
It’s fixed now, you had the RSVP was set to 0, @Michael set it to 25 for you
Thank you @M Rose & @Michael ! still does not seem to let me rsvp myself? I have looked up and down in the Rally Point and do not see where the RSVP number is set, I have always just set the number of rigs and the RSVP seemed to work in the past. Always have been unable to sent out invites of any number, had to have gabe do it for me last time. I am also unclear of what to do with the "add admin" line in the rally point form? have left it blank in the past, added gabe this time... Want to learn to do this correctly as Michelle and I have a bunch of meetups and events we want to plan this upcoming year to try to get the north end folks more involved and active. Thanks again for your help.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thank you @M Rose & @Michael ! still does not seem to let me rsvp myself? I have looked up and down in the Rally Point and do not see where the RSVP number is set, I have always just set the number of rigs and the RSVP seemed to work in the past. Always have been unable to sent out invites of any number, had to have gabe do it for me last time. I am also unclear of what to do with the "add admin" line in the rally point form? have left it blank in the past, added gabe this time... Want to learn to do this correctly as Michelle and I have a bunch of meetups and events we want to plan this upcoming year to try to get the north end folks more involved and active. Thanks again for your help.
DM incoming

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Thank you to everyone who came out to the holiday edition of our Gears, Gab, & Grub meetup. It was great to meet and getting to know several new folks. discussed some good ideas for some day and overnight trips for the new year. Defiantly looking forward to getting out on the trail and exploring with some new friends. Thanks to Michelle's work we had a great space for the event, and being overlanders gathered together in one place for more than an hour, its not surprising a camp sprung up by the nearest tree., fortunately the fire was not too smokey...

Had some games out for the kids, and a chance for some holiday cookie decorating. The kids did great and did not take the opportunity to make a huge mess.... lol:) Michelle did a great job of baking up a batch of appetizers, treats and goodies aplenty. Finished off the afternoon with a white elephant game to distribute some swag Santa left under the tree

For those that are interested, we will host our next meetup near the end of January, going to discuss first aid gear and other emergency items that should be carried, and how to use it. Never to late to make sure our rigs are ready for adventure :) Also hoping to plan an early season outing for those ready to get out on the trail. We will post up a Rally Point as soon as we pick a date.

1639367879323.png

1639367969755.png

1639368603629.png

Reactions: M Rose and LunarOne

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@OTH Overland it looks like you guys had a great time. Thank you both Dave and Michelle for putting this together on a semi regular basis. I hope to be able to attend one of your events in the future.

Reactions: OTH Overland