• HTML tutorial

adamaustin

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nowra, NSW
Member #

Hey fellas!

Thought I would introduce myself to you all from Australia! My name's Adam and I'm 24. I'm from a little place called Nowra on the South coast of nsw right by yalwal (although I have never been out there...Crazy I know). I drive a 2016 Ford Ranger dual cab. I recently joined OB and I'm waiting for my emblem [emoji106].

I'm currently prepping for a 3 week trip with mates to Uluru via broken Hill, lake Gardiner, Uluru, king's canyon, Olga's, Alice springs, Tennant creek, mount isa, Cunnamulla and back to Nowra. We head off on the 20th of May and I can't bloody wait! Feel free to hit me up with suggestions of what else we should see!

If you are ever down this way feel free to hit me up for a beer or two!

Cheers lads! Happy travels!
Adam

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app

Rolasolar

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Forest Lake, Queensland, Australia
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Gurman
Member #

Hey fellas!

Thought I would introduce myself to you all from Australia! My name's Adam and I'm 24. I'm from a little place called Nowra on the South coast of nsw right by yalwal (although I have never been out there...Crazy I know). I drive a 2016 Ford Ranger dual cab. I recently joined OB and I'm waiting for my emblem [emoji106].

I'm currently prepping for a 3 week trip with mates to Uluru via broken Hill, lake Gardiner, Uluru, king's canyon, Olga's, Alice springs, Tennant creek, mount isa, Cunnamulla and back to Nowra. We head off on the 20th of May and I can't bloody wait! Feel free to hit me up with suggestions of what else we should see!

Adam

Hi Adam and welcome,
I spent many years in Nowra working at the base and explored a lot of the bush in that area. Even rolled a Hilux at Sassafras (when it was dirt).

Sent from my SM-G900I using OB Talk mobile app

adamaustin

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nowra, NSW
Member #

Hi Adam and welcome,
I spent many years in Nowra working at the base and explored a lot of the bush in that area. Even rolled a Hilux at Sassafras (when it was dirt).

Sent from my SM-G900I using OB Talk mobile app
Oh nice its a awesome spot down here! My older brother and his mates used to drive main road that way after the rain and pull out the bogged tourists for a case of beer back in the day haha!

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Traveler I

When you get too mount Isa (depending on your stay there) go to a place called mount Isa outback and buy a book called the Cloncurry trails $30 has heaps of tracks and places too see. If not google marry kathleen it's a old open cut pit worth a look!!! 60km east of mount Isa

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

adamaustin

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nowra, NSW
Member #

Thought I might give a bit of a trip update. We left about 10 days ago and pinched it straight to Renmark SA on our first day. Then we headed up cuts Port Augusta and stopped for the night at lake Hart just north of womera in SA. Lake Hart is bloody amazing! Great spot that has plenty of grey nomads around up Top but with a short drive of road in 4wd you can get right down near the water and be away from everyone! The next day we just drive all day up to cadney homestead and camped about a km down the road off in the bush. The next day we made our way to Uluru and found an awesome camp spot via wikicamps that you camp in the dunes. You turn off the main road and drive past all the vans and you will come to a sand Hill that is pretty rutted out. If your in a bigger 4wd put it in low range and punch it in 3rd and you should get up ok. Everyone tries to crawl it in first and then rip it up because they start to get bogged. Keep that momentum and you will be treated with one of the greatest campsites in Australia. We camped the first night just passed that hill. It was amazing. The next day we got there later and the sir was taken so we decided to head on further down the track to see what we could find. What we found was even better! We must have only been 2km from the edge of the national Park. The next day we headed to king's canyon and had a bit of explore and camped the night at what's called Morris pass lookout. Another amazing camp site! We woke up to dingoes howling and then had them less than 5m from us when we ate brekky. We then headed into the west MacDonnell ranges via the merrenie loop which was an adventure! Pretty corrugated but awesome scenery! We planned to try make it to Glen Helen to camp but without phone reception we weren't sure how far away it was. We ended up seeing a sign for Roma gorge and it said High clearance 4wd needed (if that isn't exciting to see I don't know what is). We headed in and got to have some of the funniest half hour of driving I've had. 8.5km up a dried up river bed. All the way up to Roma gorge itself which is absolutely stunning and definitely worth the trip! The next day we headed further up the red centre way to Redbank gorge and to Glen Helen where we stayed the night there which was awesome aswell. The next day we continued along the road and visited all the gorges and swimming holes eventually getting to Alice springs to stock up on everything and decided to stay at the big 4 which is a great park! The next day we headed to devils marbles and camped in the camp ground/carpark there. Now we just set up camp after a long days driving across the barkly highway into QLD. We are about 50km past Camooweal and are headed for Mary Kathleen and Corella dam. Then down into the guts of QLD via Longreach Winton etc then heading home to the south coast by the 11th of June. It's a bloody ripper trip so far! If anyone has any good shots we should hit on the way down let me know! If you wanna see some pictures of the trip so far check out my Instagram: adamaustin
Cheers lads! Happy touring!

FOZTREK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

McGraths hill, Australia 2756
Member #

Hey fellas!

Adam

Welcome mate!!! We will have to meet up once my rig is on the road I’m up in Sydney but have a holiday place in Kiama so we will definitely have to organise something!

Also not sure if you’re on Facebook but come and join the official overland bound nsw members group!

Facebook.com/groups/overlandboundnewsouthwales

OB NSW AMBASSADOR

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hey fellas!

Adam

Hi and Welcome!
Tamworth NSW

Sent from my SM-T580 using OB Talk mobile app

Rolasolar

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Forest Lake, Queensland, Australia
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Gurman
Member #

Hey fellas!

Adam

Welcome Adam,
I spent many years down there when I was based at Albatross with the Navy. You should get yourself out to Yalwal, great area. It was the dirt road to Canberra when I was there, now fully tar.