G'day from Australia

• HTML tutorial

Diver Dan

Rank 0

Traveler I

19702197_1734135316600846_503743632228193488_n.jpg G'day I'm from Queensland Australia, I found your forum the other day googling around off road things again much to my wife's rolling eyes. Although In my younger years I traveled a lot around this country by car and the old thumb out on the highway, I have to say I'm new to overlanding because Im only on my second 4wd and I only found out overlanding was even a thing, its not a term used over here (or so it seems). I am an outdoorsman and love getting about so the term fits me to a tee.

My rig is an oldy but a goldy bought by accident, its a 1998 Holden Jackaroo, AKA Trooper AKA Bighorn, its the V6 manual. I bought it three years ago simply to replace a sedan I had at the time because it looked nice, no other reason, but now I love it. Its the most reliable car Ive ever owned and its my daily as well. Its gone through and is going through a face lift since this pic, gone is the alloy bar and replaced with a steel one, because of the airbags they are hard to find used over here but I lucked out a few weeks ago. The roof rack is gone and Im updating that presently and new tyres this week hopefully.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

View attachment 61260 G'day I'm from Queensland Australia, I found your forum the other day googling around off road things again much to my wife's rolling eyes. Although In my younger years I traveled a lot around this country by car and the old thumb out on the highway, I have to say I'm new to overlanding because Im only on my second 4wd and I only found out overlanding was even a thing, its not a term used over here (or so it seems). I am an outdoorsman and love getting about so the term fits me to a tee.

My rig is an oldy but a goldy bought by accident, its a 1998 Holden Jackaroo, AKA Trooper AKA Bighorn, its the V6 manual. I bought it three years ago simply to replace a sedan I had at the time because it looked nice, no other reason, but now I love it. Its the most reliable car Ive ever owned and its my daily as well. Its gone through and is going through a face lift since this pic, gone is the alloy bar and replaced with a steel one, because of the airbags they are hard to find used over here but I lucked out a few weeks ago. The roof rack is gone and Im updating that presently and new tyres this week hopefully.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Troopy and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Jim Garner

Rank 0

Traveler I

Houston, Texas
Member #

View attachment 61260 G'day I'm from Queensland Australia, I found your forum the other day googling around off road things again much to my wife's rolling eyes. Although In my younger years I traveled a lot around this country by car and the old thumb out on the highway, I have to say I'm new to overlanding because Im only on my second 4wd and I only found out overlanding was even a thing, its not a term used over here (or so it seems). I am an outdoorsman and love getting about so the term fits me to a tee.

Welcome Dan, I am also a new member, have a look on YouTube at 4WD Action, WA group hitting every track plus into Tasmania, it appears to me that there is a lathe community there in Australia. Might consider heading over and join you guys on some trails (tracks).

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk