Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Because the US has no trees? Did we lose the formula for cutting lumber? Weaving fabrics? Bullshit excuses, we have the ability we lack the desire because all anyone cares about in the US is how to make more profit.
You do realize that Gazelle is manufactured in the Outback and imported to the US?

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

I spoke with the Gazelle folks at Expo West last weekend. When I asked about availability on the T3X she said they were not in stock, there were some orange T4s I recall her saying, When I asked when they would be available she just shrugged and said best to just sign up for notifications and order right away when in stock. This is the first time I had seen the tents in person and I really liked them actually so now I am thinking...

As a general theme everyone I spoke to was describing material cost increases and supply chain log jams. The other item they talked about was how much time and legal expense they were dealing with keeping patent infringing Asian knockoffs out of the market on platforms like Amazon, Ebay, etc. I don't speak for anyone but myself, but I always make sure to buy the original and support the designer of the product even if it costs more.

Reactions: Sparksalot

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

They've had T4s pop up a couple times now. Actually managed to snag one last week that should be here today. They've also introduced a T4+ overland edition, which as right now still shows available on the site.

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

I also just got an email moments ago that says they have 80 T4s in the green color available now.

static

Rank III

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Pruden
Member #

I just snagged a T4 Overland Edition. There are ~100 available. It looks like their production issues might be starting to ease up. The frequency of these inventory drops seems to be increasing.

Kris

Reactions: Old Tanker

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

If they made them here they would have stock, be selling them instead of shrugging shoulders and would not hand China the intellectual property to cop their designs. But hey, what do I know:smirk:
I understand the desire to support the home team and strive to do that as often as possible. Sadly the supply chain issue is impacting everyone-the guys at Springbar seem to be having the same issues and every camper manufacturer I spoke with seemed to have 12-18 month lead time on any camper that was ordered today. Makes me wish I have retired 5 years ago and geared up then!

ETBA

Rank II

Contributor III

Texas
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Jones
Member #

For anyone searching, Looks like Gazelle has the T3X and the T4’s available as well. I just ordered a T3X myself.