WarEagleCJ7

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Raleigh, NC, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Cazenave
Unlike the T-4, the T-8 might actually sleep four with gear. While the company Ardisam that makes them makes hub tents for ice fishing, the materials of this hub tent would technically qualify it as a three season. However, properly heated I wouldn’t think it would be an issue in the fourth season.

Here is a video of the T-8 in a downpour.

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

I used mine for the first time this weekend. It was rainy when we got there, rained all night, including serious down pours. No issues with water getting in. Windows were open.

Ground was wet and footprint did well also.

Attachments

Reactions: DosTacos

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Unlike the T-4, the T-8 might actually sleep four with gear. While the company Ardisam that makes them makes hub tents for ice fishing, the materials of this hub tent would technically qualify it as a three season. However, properly heated I wouldn’t think it would be an issue in the fourth season.

Here is a video of the T-8 in a downpour.

The T4 Plus sleeps 8 comfortably with all our gear…

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

I used mine for the first time this weekend. It was rainy when we got there, rained all night, including serious down pours. No issues with water getting in. Windows were open.

Ground was wet and footprint did well also.
Forgot to mention, plenty of room for 2 adults on mattress, two boys, and a dog. Lots of extra space to store gear.

Reactions: Advtres

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

I have a request. Could someone with a T4 Plus or T8 take some detailed measurements of usable floor space in one of the sections?

My wife and I were debating whether we wanted to snag a T4 or a T4 Plus (once any are in stock). Originally, we were leaning towards the plus since I won't have any kind of awning or the like in the early goings of a new rig, so having the built in screen room made a little sense. However, I just realized when I was looking at the specs that the T8 and T4 Plus aren't quite 2 T4s stuck together. The site lists the T4 dimensions as 94 x 94, while the T4 Plus and T8 list as 94 x 165, so I'm guessing each section is 10-12 inches shorter. The wife is going to be using an REI Kingdom Cot due to back issues, and I'm 6'7" tall. Doing the math on the specs, I'm thinking both the cot and myself would be hitting end to end, and turning them the other direction wouldn't make much sense.

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

I have a request. Could someone with a T4 Plus or T8 take some detailed measurements of usable floor space in one of the sections?

My wife and I were debating whether we wanted to snag a T4 or a T4 Plus (once any are in stock). Originally, we were leaning towards the plus since I won't have any kind of awning or the like in the early goings of a new rig, so having the built in screen room made a little sense. However, I just realized when I was looking at the specs that the T8 and T4 Plus aren't quite 2 T4s stuck together. The site lists the T4 dimensions as 94 x 94, while the T4 Plus and T8 list as 94 x 165, so I'm guessing each section is 10-12 inches shorter. The wife is going to be using an REI Kingdom Cot due to back issues, and I'm 6'7" tall. Doing the math on the specs, I'm thinking both the cot and myself would be hitting end to end, and turning them the other direction wouldn't make much sense.
May recommend buying a separate screened in tent, could help with overall cost.

Having used my T8 a couple times now, if I didn't have kids to account for, that would probably be the direction I'd go in. The T8 is large, and we fit very comfortably (I'm 6' with plenty of room still and lots of room for gear) but man it's a bear when packed up. Fairly heavy and long, hard to store at home and doesn't fit in the trunk of my 4Runner.

So while I'm sure you'd fit, if it's just the two of you, may be best to do the T4 and add an Ozark Trail screen tent or something.

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

May recommend buying a separate screened in tent, could help with overall cost.

Having used my T8 a couple times now, if I didn't have kids to account for, that would probably be the direction I'd go in. The T8 is large, and we fit very comfortably (I'm 6' with plenty of room still and lots of room for gear) but man it's a bear when packed up. Fairly heavy and long, hard to store at home and doesn't fit in the trunk of my 4Runner.

So while I'm sure you'd fit, if it's just the two of you, may be best to do the T4 and add an Ozark Trail screen tent or something.
Looking at that option too, but was thinking an all in one does have some benefits to it. You get the screen room (which can close up when needed too), but also easier to deal with mud and the like if you've got a front section.

Reactions: SorrTrek

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

We actually still have room for a shoe area at the door. With both of us in there, we can still put duffle/clothes bags, and have an area for shows. There are also a ton of storage areas in the tent. Like bags along the sides, more at the roof, etc. So you can really spread out if need be.

We are considering the screen tent as well, as our Ezup died and at some camp grounds, we could but it around the picnic table. Also allows us to have the boys in bed while we continue to hang out.

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Love my tent. I drive a Tacoma so it fits fine. Little rain storm in West Virginia. Everything stayed dry.
So that's actually a good example (and why I think I may not be able to use the T4 Plus). In that pic with the cot, would the cot fit in the other direction, or would it be pressed against the walls? And on that note, how long is the cot?

2Monks-MATACO

Rank V

Advocate III

Fishers, Hamilton County, Indiana, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Monk
Member #

Love my tent. I drive a Tacoma so it fits fine. Little rain storm in West Virginia. Everything stayed dry.
So that's actually a good example (and why I think I may not be able to use the T4 Plus). In that pic with the cot, would the cot fit in the other direction, or would it be pressed against the walls? And on that note, how long is the cot?
It's a Cabela's Xtra large cot and it only fits one way. My grandsons sleep on air mattress and they fit the other direction. So would a regular cot.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

The T4+ sleep room is big enough for a queen sized mattress to fit in and still have about 24” on 2 sides… I’m 6’1 and sleep quite comfortably in it…

The Screen room is slightly larger than the sleep room. I haven’t ever put the queen sized mattress into the screen room… but I have had 4 adults sleeping in cots inside the screen room half. Normally though we set up the screen room as the kitchen/dining room when we base camp.

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

It's a Cabela's Xtra large cot and it only fits one way. My grandsons sleep on air mattress and they fit the other direction. So would a regular cot.
She's using an REI Kingdom cot 3, which is only 3 inches shorter than a Cabella XL (85 vs 82), so it still may be tough.

I chatted with Gazelle support this afternoon and they said the section is 94 x 82.5. if that's accurate we'd be touching the walls, and I'd only have about an inch between head and wall on my sleeping pad.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
She's using an REI Kingdom cot 3, which is only 3 inches shorter than a Cabella XL (85 vs 82), so it still may be tough.

I chatted with Gazelle support this afternoon and they said the section is 94 x 82.5. if that's accurate we'd be touching the walls, and I'd only have about an inch between head and wall on my sleeping pad.
Remember, the gazelle tents don’t have square walls, they taper out from the floors… so 82.5” at the floor tub is actually closer to 90” at cot height.

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Remember, the gazelle tents don’t have square walls, they taper out from the floors… so 82.5” at the floor tub is actually closer to 90” at cot height.
True for the wife, but for 6'7" me, I sleep on a thermarest, so pretty much at floor level. :)

Honestly, at this point since Gazelle is sold out of everything, I'll probably snag whichever cubes available first.

Old Tanker

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Reimer
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Depends on how much room each person wants. The T4 has room for four mummy bags with backpacking mats under them, or one queen air mattress with room for duffles and gear.

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Well, Gazelle got the T4 Plus back in stock today, so went ahead and ordered one. Still not positive it will fit how we want, but I figure worst case we can probably sell if for close to what we paid for it. Still hoping they'll get the T4 back in stock before Expo East which is what I wanted it for in the first place.

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

To give Gazelle/Ardisam a little credit for being quick once they actually have stock, ordered on Monday had a a T4 Plus set up in my living room (back yard is all pool, and didn't feel like using the front, plus it was hot) Thursday. As it turns out, the REI Kingdom Cot 3 does fit longways...barely. As for 6'7" me, I go right at end to end on the floor, so not ideal, but it's workable. And we can always just stick her cot in the back and I sleep in the front if we ever want the extra space.

I'll still probably pick up a T4 once they get some in stock, and it'll be nice to have the option of which to take.