GAZELLE HUB TENTS

• HTML tutorial

gDanCO

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor III

Thornton, CO, USA
Member #

I purchased a Hub 3 and used it on a recent trip to SE Utah. Tte tent is as advertised, well constructed, sets up and comes down easily. From what I can see great construction and at 5'10" I can stand upright in it. Should last a long time with care. Only downsides as metioned by others, it is heavy and large, not a backpacking tent and because of the X frame construction, the entry / exit doors are small for tents this size.

IMG_3954.jpgexit door is smaller than usual for a tent of

flatlander071

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Tinley Park, IL, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Carlson
Member #

Great info. Thanks. I checked out the chatter on the gazelle thread. Tent advertisements are always generous with their "number of persons" claim. So, what's your take on people? Is the T3 actually a comfortable two person and the T4 a three person?

RedRob

Rank V

Traveler III

Sonora, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Irwin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6VUL
Service Branch
USMC
I got the four person just because I didn’t see any real advantage to the three. Myself, my wife, each of our bags, the 80-pound dog and his bed all fit with room to spare. And I never gave a darn about a tent I could stand up in, but now that I have one I like it.

Reactions: gDanCO

Owasco

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

1336 Bellview HTS Locke NY
Member #

I have the T4, all the good things said about these tents is true. I can fit 2 cots and all my gear in the tent for the wife and me. If I wasn't using cots 3 people would be comfortable. Also for me being able to stand up in the tent is a huge plus. The older I get the more I like to be comfortable. The weight of the tent is not a big deal to me since I am using my Jeep to get to my camping spot, not hiking in.

jplemons

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fresno, CA, USA
Member #

We bought the T3 during the recent OB sale, and my son and his friend slept in it during our recent trip. The thing is truly as easy at it looks to set up and take down. Usually, it's marketing hype and videos of people who have actually done it a hundred time before getting it down and look so easy. With this, it was that easy right away. It seemed the perfect size for the two teenagers. Drawbacks are as mentioned -- it's huge and heavy.

JDHarris

Rank II

Contributor III

Laguna Hills, CA
Member #

I would say that the T3 is good for 2 adults or 1 adult and 2 kids. T4 is good for 3 adults.

One thing to pay attention to with these though is that the width/length of the T3 can be a problem if you're tall. At 6'6", I fit just fine inside the T4, but in the T3 I'm touching both ends of the tent when I lay down on the floor. My air mattress doesn't fit lengthwise. I can sleep diagonally inside the T3 tent with a small sleeping pad though, but that would be with just me.

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

The tents don't interest me but the Clam screen room (6x6) does.