Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

That's cool. You're basically getting the Offline Topo Maps application for free.

Reactions: Jose

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I never new about iPad or iPhone GPS like these until I joined this forum. I'm thinking of getting it.

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

I love Gaia GPS. I'm currently using it for my android phone and I use a dedicated tablet in the rig with Gaia. Just be sure to download the maps of the areas you're going to go to prior to your trip since most places we all go to do not have cell phone service.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I love Gaia GPS. I'm currently using it for my android phone and I use a dedicated tablet in the rig with Gaia. Just be sure to download the maps of the areas you're going to go to prior to your trip since most places we all go to do not have cell phone service.
Awesome!!! And thanks for the heads up, I need to read on this and learn this app I've never had one of these before. I'm might be hitting you up sometime to ask you some questions on this if you don't mind or who ever else want to chime in. It does look pretty cool though on my IPad Air, now I just need to look for a docking station for the jeep so I can use it from time to time to get use to playing with it. Lol

TheMcCalls

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Auburn, WA
Member #

I don't have a lot of experience with these programs yet, but I just picked up MotionX for $2 the other day and it seems pretty good.

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

You only need to loosen one bolt for mine. It has been super sturdy while off roading.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

NorCalcrisp, O.Dfj do any of you all have any pics of it mounted.

Last edited:

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Man!!! I just opened it up on my IPad and it looks sick so clear and all the details that this app has is sweet.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

That's sweet!!!! It will fit in the same spot for my JKU seat, and it's a lot cheaper. Lol. Thanks guys.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Hey guys when you log on to the Gaia app do you long on through FB or make a new account. For this app?

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
There are other threads about Gaia. Please do a search and contribute to those. Motion X has also been discussed.

You don't need that 2nd app. If you want it ok.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Hey guys when you log on to the Gaia app do you long on through FB or make a new account. For this app?
I think that is your choice. I have always used my email address and a password.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I few weeks ago I purchased the same bundle to go along with Scenic Map. Sadly I haven't had an opportunity to really check it out yet.

I used to use a different cup holder mount that had the same base but for as sturdy as it was I wanted something more solid and flexible. I picked up a Joy Factory mount for a great deal and I love it. It's basically a ram mount without any drilled holes.

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
This mount is not a solid foundation in my 2011 Toyota Tacoma. The cup holder plastic is too pliable. Adequate for highway driving but I don't recommend anywhere off-road. I constructed a second anchor point but it still didn't anchor solidly for off-road. Nonetheless, I used mine on the 1200 mile drive to OTG.

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
NorCalcrisp, O.Dfj do any of you all have any pics of it mounted.
I will try to set mine up today and post a picture for you. Check back around 12:00 Pacific time for photo(s). Cheers.