Rank II

Enthusiast I

Marinette, WI, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Liesch
Member #

So I have been racking my brain as to what overlanding means to me. And I wanna share it but couldn't find a good spot on forums to do so.

So all in all overlanding means to me is self sufficient travel by motorized vehicle to different destinations by self chosen route.

I'm a truck driver. I have spent the better part of 10 years doing just that.

I have a small kitchen where I cook and store food. I have a bed. I choose my own routes. My destinations have been everything from calm to intense as have my routes. I have taken a semi on road off road woods desert mud clay sand gravel mountain sides and some places I went my friends have stated they would never think of taking their 4x4s. And I sleep anywhere I can fit my rig.

So I have thus decided to officially change my job title from Driver to Professional Overlander.

Just a fun thought. Thanks.

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
So I have been racking my brain as to what overlanding means to me. And I wanna share it but couldn't find a good spot on forums to do so.

So all in all overlanding means to me is self sufficient travel by motorized vehicle to different destinations by self chosen route.

I'm a truck driver. I have spent the better part of 10 years doing just that.

I have a small kitchen where I cook and store food. I have a bed. I choose my own routes. My destinations have been everything from calm to intense as have my routes. I have taken a semi on road off road woods desert mud clay sand gravel mountain sides and some places I went my friends have stated they would never think of taking their 4x4s. And I sleep anywhere I can fit my rig.

So I have thus decided to officially change my job title from Driver to Professional Overlander.

Just a fun thought. Thanks.
I like it! And I think your definition is spot on!

Reactions: Pete and Ravin88

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

I was thinking being a truck driver would be fun. I’d probably get fired for taking too many detours or making too many stops. Are you able to make fun stops when you’re hauling? I would think you’d need to be movin!

Ravin88

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Marinette, WI, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Liesch
Member #

I was thinking being a truck driver would be fun. I’d probably get fired for taking too many detours or making too many stops. Are you able to make fun stops when you’re hauling? I would think you’d need to be movin!
Oh yea. If I don't have a super critical load I can stop where I like. Hit the lower 48 in 3 months most parts of canada by 7 months and Alaska round the year mark. Refuse Mexico... but your right. Wheel no turn. No money made