Full Skid Plate Selection (RCI, C4, or CBI)

• HTML tutorial

Which Skid Plate Set for my 4runner?

• RCI

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • C4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CBI

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Victory

• Other

• Total voters

Sebt1890

Rank II

Traveler I

Louisiana, USA
First Name
Sebastian
Last Name
T
Greetings everyone. A few months ago I did the Georgia Overland Trail where I learned and did a lot on my 1 day trip. At one point I "bottomed out" when driving over some rocks and banged up the stock skid plate and put a dent in the one covering the gas tank. I've got rock sliders installed and am currently in the market for a full skid plate kit.

I've decided to go with aluminum but haven't decided on which company to go with and wanted to know if anyone had experience with any of these. I'm also considering the Victory 4x4 Set as well.

Sebt1890

Rank II

Traveler I

Louisiana, USA
First Name
Sebastian
Last Name
T
It's a sr5 4runner and I haven't gotten it weight fully loaded yet. I'd assume it's about 5k factoring in the sliders and roof rack along with the extra cans of gas and camping gear.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Out of the options you gave id pick cbi I almost used them for my colorado. They looked well built , price drove me away though.
I use the factory aluminum zr2 skids for me they are cheap to replace and I can have 3 spare zr2 skids for 1 cbi.

Reactions: Sebt1890

Jeremy M.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mascoutah, IL, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
McNeil
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2JTM
Service Branch
Army
I have the RCI off road front skid on my Tacoma and I have been really happy with it.

Reactions: Sebt1890