Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
B
Last Name
W
Member #

Seen people mention the Wilco carrier but there's also the RIGd mega-carrier for a bit more and it's built the carry 35"+ tires on an HD truck (I think up to 40"). I have the multi-fit on my Tahoe since I'm only running 33s. They also have a camera relocation kit for itPXL_20201217_195018237~2.jpg

MVIMG_20200517_155532.jpg

I also liked it because the tow hitch is inline with the factory one and is rated to 10,000lbs (not that the Tahoe can even safely pull that much)

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Seen people mention the Wilco carrier but there's also the RIGd mega-carrier for a bit more and it's built the carry 35"+ tires on an HD truck (I think up to 40"). I have the multi-fit on my Tahoe since I'm only running 33s. They also have a camera relocation kit for itView attachment 186322

View attachment 186321

I also liked it because the tow hitch is inline with the factory one and is rated to 10,000lbs (not that the Tahoe can even safely pull that much)
Tucks up against the rear nicely.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Nate from Dirtlifestyle built pretty much what I have had in my head for my K2500. I plan on being on 37's and the multi-function aspect of this set up is what I had in mind. It's a 4 part video I believe, but I am linking the finished product.
Love his work and channel. I just wish we could get him to use when/whenever properly. ;)

-TJ

Reactions: Jerryjones2012

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Heck yeah: more WJs!!!

-TJ
I just cleared the snow off of it. Poor thing doesnt even start, it's been so cold. I've been treating it like a red-headed stepchild. It needs some work and I've been so happy with my truck, I just havent bothered.

I liked it when it was my primary SUV, though. Had a couple kayaks up there, camp gear in the back and had some good times.

It's got 2 inch Iron Rock Offroad lift. Replaced isolators, replaced sway bar links with Moogs, and got Pro Comp 9000 shocks.

Could use a new driver's seat frame, new brakes, tires muffler and an alignment. Then it'd be drivable.

Maybe this spring...

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
any reason why you don't want to try and squeeze it under the truck in the factory location? I've read that a few guys have been able to squeeze a 37" tire under their f250 without any problems.

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
any reason why you don't want to try and squeeze it under the truck in the factory location? I've read that a few guys have been able to squeeze a 37" tire under their f250 without any problems.
I have several good ( to me at least) reasons I don't like the spare under the truck.
1) if you've ever had to change a tire on asphalt in the summer where the road surface is 140+ you know it's not fun
2) same in the winter with the spare half buried in ice water and everything frozen solid
3) I have ripped the sidewall in the spare going over something I was sure I cleared, its a sad feeling looking at your new now useless spare with a torn sidewall
4) it's a pain in the ass to crawl under to check the air in it once a month

So that's why I have my spare mounted where I can get at it easily.

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
I have several good ( to me at least) reasons I don't like the spare under the truck.
1) if you've ever had to change a tire on asphalt in the summer where the road surface is 140+ you know it's not fun
2) same in the winter with the spare half buried in ice water and everything frozen solid
3) I have ripped the sidewall in the spare going over something I was sure I cleared, its a sad feeling looking at your new now useless spare with a torn sidewall
4) it's a pain in the ass to crawl under to check the air in it once a month

So that's why I have my spare mounted where I can get at it easily.
thats fair. not having dealt with any of those except the last one, I didnt think of those reasons.

only reason I suggested that was because a 37" tire and rim combo is pretty heavy/awkward to lift and out onto a vertical spare tire mount at about chest high.

Reactions: 64Trvlr