CafeRoaster

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Clark
Hey y'all! Newbie overlander here, and I upgraded from my Honda Element "Henry" to a 2008 FJ Cruiser "Fuji" in December. Since then, I've added a roof rack, RTT, and various other things, to prepare it for overlanding. This trip was its maiden voyage and the goal her was to really learn both the truck itself, and my setup - see what works and what doesn't.

I have to say - I'm quite impressed with the FJ. I'm not surprised by any means, but I am impressed. This one is what would nowadays be considered a TRD Off-Road trim, as it had the TRD intake, exhaust, suspension, A-TRAC, and locking rear diff. While I didn't need the A-TRAC or lockers at all on this trip, I look forward to the day that I do need them.

Naneum Ridge State Forest is in what I would call the foothills of the Cascade Range. I ventured there first, knowing that I may be shutout by melting snow. That was indeed the case, so I doubled back and explored the Quilomene Wildlife Area, navigating the Quilomene Ridge to my final destination - a site overlooking the Columbia River. While it wasn't what I would call "secluded", it was a great way to get to know this rig and setup. I look forward to exploring more!

A Duffield

Rank VI

Advocate I

Folsom, Sacramento County, California, United States
First Name
Anne
Last Name
Duffield
Member #

Hey y'all! Newbie overlander here, and I upgraded from my Honda Element "Henry" to a 2008 FJ Cruiser "Fuji" in December. Since then, I've added a roof rack, RTT, and various other things, to prepare it for overlanding. This trip was its maiden voyage and the goal her was to really learn both the truck itself, and my setup - see what works and what doesn't.

I have to say - I'm quite impressed with the FJ. I'm not surprised by any means, but I am impressed. This one is what would nowadays be considered a TRD Off-Road trim, as it had the TRD intake, exhaust, suspension, A-TRAC, and locking rear diff. While I didn't need the A-TRAC or lockers at all on this trip, I look forward to the day that I do need them.

Naneum Ridge State Forest is in what I would call the foothills of the Cascade Range. I ventured there first, knowing that I may be shutout by melting snow. That was indeed the case, so I doubled back and explored the Quilomene Wildlife Area, navigating the Quilomene Ridge to my final destination - a site overlooking the Columbia River. While it wasn't what I would call "secluded", it was a great way to get to know this rig and setup. I look forward to exploring more!

Hello,
Like you we are new here on OBO, and we run an ‘07 6MT Fusion Yellow FJCruiser. We purchased our FJ in Jan of this year and are making our first overnight trip to the California Lost Coast next weekend.
I was disappointed that the Bison table was not level, especially since it was stated to work with the FJCruiser. If you find a fix I would like to know. I will post some pictures of our trip and let you know what worked and what needed adjustments while overlanding in our FJ.
Happy travels.

Anne and Philip [-

CafeRoaster

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Clark
Hello,
Like you we are new here on OBO, and we run an ‘07 6MT Fusion Yellow FJCruiser. We purchased our FJ in Jan of this year and are making our first overnight trip to the California Lost Coast next weekend.
I was disappointed that the Bison table was not level, especially since it was stated to work with the FJCruiser. If you find a fix I would like to know. I will post some pictures of our trip and let you know what worked and what needed adjustments while overlanding in our FJ.
Happy travels.

Anne and Philip [-
If you mounted it on the lower half of the door like I did, that’s why. It’s supposed to be mounted higher.

Reactions: A Duffield