Front Runner Slimline II with Accessories

• HTML tutorial

Merlin2111

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bellevue
Member #

I bought and installed a Front Runner Slimline II rack on my GX470 this week. It is a modular rack that can adapt to your needs. It has a ton of accessories. I have the awning mounts, RTT mounts, and of course the bottle opener. Check out their site to see all the crazy stuff you can hook onto this rack. Its impressive and the list keeps getting longer.

It is made from aluminum so no worries about rust and it is rock solid once you assemble it. Assembly takes a few hours but it is not difficult.

Overall I am very happy with this rack. It is rock solid and thanks to the fact that it is modular the quality should be the same for everyone.

Once I get the privileges I will add some photos. If you have any questions please just ask!

Sadkomodo

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washougal Washington
Member #

Got any pictures of your set up? I have a GX and have been looking at the Frontrunner rack. Just would like see how the coverage is on the the roof. Also, how is the wind noise?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Merlin2111

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bellevue
Member #

The rack goes from 1/2 way across the sunroof and it goes almost to the end of the roof. The panels take up 1/2 the surface area. The wind noise is noticeable but not horrible.

Trailspin

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Love my front runner rack. The team there has been very helpful. Adding a hi lift jack this week.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Wired_

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

I spent ages looking for a rack to fit the entire length of the 130's roof. In the end a Front Runner Slimline II was the best answer. It's a mixture of kits for a 110 and a 90. The only bit of messing to get to fit was that one of the side rails had to be re-drilled because it needed to be fitted the wrong way round to get the length. All in all, well pleased with 3.5 metres of roof rack ...... and yes, we can fill it ......
Love the modular construction, which means, with a bit of work, the slats can be moved around to create a deck how you want.
dead easy to spend a further fortune on accessories to bolt on to it.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I really like the Frontrunner and it's at the top of my list for a rack but I'm apprehensive about drilling into my Jeep's hardtop.
I was nervous also but once it was installed I got over it because it is awesome! I just wish I had done it much sooner. One more thing I didn't do the drilling my son in law did, he is much more meticulous than I am and I probably would have messed it up.