Advocate III

Charlotte, NC
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Falls
Member #

Hey everyone,

Just seeing if anyone had any experience with Front Runner Racks and the KC Pro 6 lights? Love how these lights look and leaning towards them and the rack to upgrade on my 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro 4x. Tried reaching out to KC about mounting to the FR Rack and if I should order the 6, 7 or 8 light setup due to width and got a very generic "We have no experience with that rack, can't help" response. Kind of disappointed in the CS to be honest, but really do love the lights. Any advise/knowledge or other recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Guessing if I go this route, might have to get both items (lights and rack) in and then custom fabricate mounting brackets?

Thanks

Brandon

Attachments

Last edited:

BchBum11511

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Huntsville, AL, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Great question! I have a similar question just with Rhino Rack platform. I'm leaning towards the 6 to be safe because I think the 8 would be too wide. But still not sure how exactly to mount them. Thinking about trying to use these first. Maybe Front Runner has something similar?

BMFalls

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Charlotte, NC
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Falls
Member #

Yea I was leaning towards 6 or maybe squeezing in 7. I have some friends that are good with metal fabricating, just figure Id see if anyone here had experience. Great looking rig BTW!

Reactions: BchBum11511

BMFalls

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Charlotte, NC
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Falls
Member #

I was really surprised by the lack of any suggestions. It was just pretty much "nope, cant help ya there". I mean any suggestions, or some kind of bone thrown would have been appreciated.

Bairdjer78

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Yakima, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Baird
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7BCM
I have no affiliation with either company, but my guess for as to why KC kind of blew you off was because they make their own light bar and rack combo. I did some quick Googling and found that Frontrunner makes a set of brackets for light bars and their racks. As for width, I would get the measurements of the rack and compare with the measurements of the light bar.
Some of the equipment that people are using and buying is pro grade stuff. Companies will sell to anyone who can pay them, that’s just good business, but for a DIYer if you are buying something pro grade, but don’t know how to make it work with your other pro grade thing, that’s the diy part. Otherwise, the assumption is you would purchase through an installer if you aren’t able to make it work. Not trolling, just stating a view from their side.

TIER 7

Rank 0

Contributor I

USA
First Name
J
Last Name
T
Hey everyone,

Just seeing if anyone had any experience with Front Runner Racks and the KC Pro 6 lights? Love how these lights look and leaning towards them and the rack to upgrade on my 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro 4x. Tried reaching out to KC about mounting to the FR Rack and if I should order the 6, 7 or 8 light setup due to width and got a very generic "We have no experience with that rack, can't help" response. Kind of disappointed in the CS to be honest, but really do love the lights. Any advise/knowledge or other recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Guessing if I go this route, might have to get both items (lights and rack) in and then custom fabricate mounting brackets?

Thanks

Brandon

Hi Brandon

Instead of looking to the poor service of KC Lights, you mmight have success with the outstanding service from Front Runner. I'm not affiliated with them in any way except Im a very happy customer.

I have the Slim Line II rack on my JKUR and love it. I'm alsoa major DIY kinda guy and have improvised several lighting systems on my rack that are not FR, several from Amazon.

Anyway, check out this set of brackets from FR, it might be what you need for the KC Lights. I've used some of the FR brackets for other purposes with great success. This one seems more like a direct fit based on what I see from the KC light picture.

There are two sets of brackets in this package and I think the front most set will work in your situation.

If that doesn't work, another option is a similar bracket for the FR Slim Line from Caliraised Led.

You may have to remove your wind fairing if the lights are not wide enough to span the fairing but if the lights are in the 40+ inch range, it should span it. If not, remove the fairing of course.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

Reactions: Geisterbild

BMFalls

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Charlotte, NC
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Falls
Member #

Hi Brandon

Instead of looking to the poor service of KC Lights, you mmight have success with the outstanding service from Front Runner. I'm not affiliated with them in any way except Im a very happy customer.

I have the Slim Line II rack on my JKUR and love it. I'm alsoa major DIY kinda guy and have improvised several lighting systems on my rack that are not FR, several from Amazon.

Anyway, check out this set of brackets from FR, it might be what you need for the KC Lights. I've used some of the FR brackets for other purposes with great success. This one seems more like a direct fit based on what I see from the KC light picture.

There are two sets of brackets in this package and I think the front most set will work in your situation.

If that doesn't work, another option is a similar bracket for the FR Slim Line from Caliraised Led.

You may have to remove your wind fairing if the lights are not wide enough to span the fairing but if the lights are in the 40+ inch range, it should span it. If not, remove the fairing of course.

I hope this helps.

AH! Thank you for this, I havnt had a chance to circle back to this since truck mod spending has been put on hold with covid/work cutbacks. But hoping to make this happen in August! Look into this for sure!.

TIER 7

Rank 0

Contributor I

USA
First Name
J
Last Name
T
No worries, completely understand. I’m glad you got the info and have some options when the time comes.

Here’s a picture of the CaliRaised version on my JKUR. I have a 43” single row light bar from them on that mount.

Keep us posted on how it turns out!

Attachments

Reactions: BMFalls