Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
I'm always looking for better ways to carry the essentials: Food, Water, and Shelter. Since I will be spending more time in Arid areas of the world, I needed a way to carry more H2O. I have 5Gal in my AEV back bumper, but this would in no way be sufficient for a long desert trip.

I decided to look at the Front Runner footwell water tank. It always makes me a little concerned purchasing generic items. You never know if they will fit. I have always liked most of the products that Front Runner makes. For this specific product: I like that it keeps the weight very low, and in the middle of the vehicle. I decided to take a risk

It arrived today, so I did an initial fit test:
IMG_0624.JPG
IMG_0625.JPG
IMG_0626.JPG
So not a good fit for a Jeep JK Unlimited. I still like the idea of this water storage option, so I will be modifying my JK to fit this tank. I may even be removing my back seat, and testing if two tanks would fit. I will keep posting to make this a running review of this product.

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
When you search by vehicles, at the Front Runner site, this is the one that comes up. It mostly fits, but not as flush as I would want. I may need to remove the back cup holders, to allow it to sit flat. I'm about to install the Tuffy rear half security console. The cup holders can be easily removed. I suspect this will allow the water tank to sit flat. Updates to follow.

Reactions: Barbara Wada

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
When you search by vehicles, at the Front Runner site, this is the one that comes up. It mostly fits, but not as flush as I would want. I may need to remove the back cup holders, to allow it to sit flat. I'm about to install the Tuffy rear half security console. The cup holders can be easily removed. I suspect this will allow the water tank to sit flat. Updates to follow.
Jeff, any updates on this tank system? Have you used it on a trip yet

Reactions: Drifterman

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

I'm curious to see what you've experienced with these. I've looked at them for my Xterra, but it is currently on my "one of these days" list.

Reactions: Drifterman