Launch Member

Contributor I

Wilsonville, AL, USA
First Name
Wesley
Last Name
Wooten
Member #

Do they make a bracket to mount a cb antenna to the front of my fj? I think the one I've got mounted to the back may be getting signal interference from my rooftop tent. I can't get the SWR within an acceptable range.

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

Do they make a bracket to mount a cb antenna to the front of my fj? I think the one I've got mounted to the back may be getting signal interference from my rooftop tent. I can't get the SWR within an acceptable range.
How is it mounted? I had a spring antennae base I added on my old bronco to try and keep the antennae from getting snagged. Once I gave in and removed it the SWR came right back in line.

Reactions: Wesley Wooten

Wesley Wooten

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Wilsonville, AL, USA
First Name
Wesley
Last Name
Wooten
Member #

How is it mounted? I had a spring antennae base I added on my old bronco to try and keep the antennae from getting snagged. Once I gave in and removed it the SWR came right back in line.
It's mounted on a spring mount on the back door hinge. I think by moving it to the front, I may get a better signal.

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

I’d pull the spring mount out, and see if it’s the issue. I’ve never used one since and my FJ’s cb works fine in an all pro mount with a 3’ firestick properly tuned.

Reactions: Wesley Wooten