Rank 0

Contributor I

Stillwater, OK, USA
First Name
B
Last Name
Hammer
Member #

Hello Overland Bound community! I was doing some reading online about amateur radio when I stumbled on a link to this forum. I started reading and the range of topics blew me away! My reading took me from discussions on GMRS vs CB, to camp lighting, and then roof top tents (who knew so many types and brands existed?).

I am a West Coast boy at heart who is living in Oklahoma who loves the outdoors. I love camping, rafting, rock climbing, and exploring God's green earth. I especially love taking my children with me.

I am happy to have found a community so willing to share their knowledge and experience. Looking forward to getting to know all of you better.

kanazuchijin

Rank 0

Contributor I

Stillwater, OK, USA
First Name
B
Last Name
Hammer
Member #

Here are some pictures of a recent camping trip to Kansas. I took two of my sons with a friend each.

We had some snow, which turned out to be quite the experience for them; none had camped in the snow before.

20190118_193936.jpg

The next morning, standing next to my truck.

20190119_081627.jpg

Attachments

Oklamopar

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest City, OK, USA
First Name
Lester
Last Name
Kono
Member #

Welcome to Oklahoma. A lot of back road round where your at. Several lakes close too. There is so much info here on OB.

Threads

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Atwood
Member #

Welcome from Moore. Was just in Tulsa yesterday for work. I miss being out west though as OK doesnt have as much public use land to explore and camp on .

kanazuchijin

Rank 0

Contributor I

Stillwater, OK, USA
First Name
B
Last Name
Hammer
Member #

Welcome from Moore. Was just in Tulsa yesterday for work. I miss being out west though as OK doesnt have as much public use land to explore and camp on .
Having spent my youth in Northern California, Utah, and Colorado, I understand. I miss the mountains more than anything, along with all the trails.

kanazuchijin

Rank 0

Contributor I

Stillwater, OK, USA
First Name
B
Last Name
Hammer
Member #

Welcome to Oklahoma. A lot of back road round where your at. Several lakes close too. There is so much info here on OB.
When we get rain I hit those roads when I can!

I agree, we do have quite a few lakes here, which I'm grateful for. One of my sons loves fishing like I do, so having those lakes close is convenient.

Reactions: Oklamopar

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello @kanazuchijin , welcome from Central Oklahoma. If you have any questions about ham radio or getting your license I would be happy to help you.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello Overland Bound community! I was doing some reading online about amateur radio when I stumbled on a link to this forum. I started reading and the range of topics blew me away! My reading took me from discussions on GMRS vs CB, to camp lighting, and then roof top tents (who knew so many types and brands existed?).

I am a West Coast boy at heart who is living in Oklahoma who loves the outdoors. I love camping, rafting, rock climbing, and exploring God's green earth. I especially love taking my children with me.

I am happy to have found a community so willing to share their knowledge and experience. Looking forward to getting to know all of you better.
Welcome from Tulsa (and part time Los Altos kid lol)
We have and okie forum on here as well
Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?