From Rich A.

• HTML tutorial

Rich A

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Escondido, CA, USA
Member #

Hello Everyone, I'm new for the membership but have been following Overland Bound for over a year. I love looking at all the adventures, reviews, interviews and discussions.
My name is Rich. I live in Escondido, CA (San Diego's North County)
I have three 4X4's but the 2008 Tundra doesn't count as I think trucks are too big and wide for the really rugged hard to get to places. My two overland vehicles are:
2004 Gen. 4 Toyota 4Runner - V8, full time four wheel drive, center locking dif. and down hill assist. The V8 is what makes this thing a speedy beast on and off road. Full skid plates underneath and Bilstein 5100 with new coil overs. BFG All Terrain KO2's. My next item is a rock slider.
My other beast is a 1994 Toyota Landcruiser (FZJ80) with factory front and rear lockers. She runs great with 280K miles. Just had my mechanic put a 3" OME system on it and had the front seals replaced on the diff./axle and a leak on the top oil pan (I don't like cars that leak). I'm now deciding on putting 33' or 35" KM3 or KO2 on it with 17" rims. Any thoughts or recommendations? I do not want to work on the gears as that can run $3K. Tires/rims and a back bumper to hold the spare are my priorities.
I look forward to meeting fellow members and hearing your thoughts on my land cruiser. This particular year is sentimental to me. It is my fixer upper dream vehicle. In 1994 I rode in a 1994 LC while serving in Honduras in the Peace Corps (the directors had them, not the volunteers). I remember how incredible they were on bad and dangerous terrain. Water crossings were cool as well.

Attachments

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Rich A
Hello Everyone, I'm new for the membership but have been following Overland Bound for over a year. I love looking at all the adventures, reviews, interviews and discussions.
2004 Gen. 4 Toyota 4Runner - V8, full time four wheel drive, center locking dif. and down hill assist. The V8 is what makes this thing a speedy beast on and off road. Full skid plates underneath and Bilstein 5100 with new coil overs. BFG All Terrain KO2's. My next item is a rock slider.
Welcome from another 4th Gen owner. For the sliders check out RCI. I got mine during their tax day sale this spring and they were great to work with. someone over on t4r.org is setting up a group buy right now ( http://www.toyota-4runner.org/group-buys/263089-rci-group-buy-fall-2018-feeler.html ) if that helps.

Hope to see ya on the trails!
Boort

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I have three 4X4's but the 2008 Tundra doesn't count as I think trucks are too big and wide for the really rugged hard to get to places. My two overland vehicles are:
My other beast is a 1994 Toyota Landcruiser (FZJ80) with factory front and rear lockers. She runs great with 280K miles. Just had my mechanic put a 3" OME system on it and had the front seals replaced on the diff./axle and a leak on the top oil pan (I don't like cars that leak). I'm now deciding on putting 33' or 35" KM3 or KO2 on it with 17" rims. Any thoughts or recommendations? I do not want to work on the gears as that can run $3K. Tires/rims and a back bumper to hold the spare are my priorities.
I look forward to meeting fellow members and hearing your thoughts on my land cruiser. This particular year is sentimental to me. It is my fixer upper dream vehicle. In 1994 I rode in a 1994 LC while serving in Honduras in the Peace Corps (the directors had them, not the volunteers). I remember how incredible they were on bad and dangerous terrain. Water crossings were cool as well.
Hello Rich and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Toys and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound!

There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-diego-overland-bound-trail-runs.17178/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R