MattLodi

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Reggio Emilia, RE, Italia
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lodi
Hi all, i'd like to share with you how i've spent my 3 weeks of summer holiday . Me and my gf have a soft spot for scandinavian countries, so, Norway was our first thought when we realized that due to covid we had to stay in Europe, but this year there was something different. The in-laws offered their brand new van to us, we accepted without esitation. The van is the common Fiat Ducato (Ram Promaster in US), this version is 5.40mt long and it is powered by a 2300cc diesel engine.
This is the route we did (roughly) in 20 days. Along the way we took the opportunity to see a lot of places, some of them turned out totally unexpected surprises (like the north tip of Denmark). This was our first totally independent trip, the only place were we paid to sleep was Hamburg, i didn't feel confident to sleep elsewhere in the city, btw the spot was super cool.
Immagine.jpg

Now some pics:

The weapon of choice

Bremen (Germany)

Hamburg (Germany)

The Lego House (Denmark)

Alborg (Denmark)

Rabjerg Mile (Denmark)

The Trollpykken (the troll pen*s) (Norway)

Preikestolen hike (Norway)

Bergen (Norway)

Nordfjord (Norway)

Geiranger (Norway)

I know that probably seems like it was a boring trip, but it wasn't, i'm not good at telling stories neither with photos nor with written words.

Bonus pics: some cool vehicles i've spotted

OverLamb24

Rank V

Advocate III

Spencerville, Maryland, United States
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Cordero
Member #

Hi all, i'd like to share with you how i've spent my 3 weeks of summer holiday . Me and my gf have a soft spot for scandinavian countries, so, Norway was our first thought when we realized that due to covid we had to stay in Europe, but this year there was something different. The in-laws offered their brand new van to us, we accepted without esitation. The van is the common Fiat Ducato (Ram Promaster in US), this version is 5.40mt long and it is powered by a 2300cc diesel engine.
This is the route we did (roughly) in 20 days. Along the way we took the opportunity to see a lot of places, some of them turned out totally unexpected surprises (like the north tip of Denmark). This was our first totally independent trip, the only place were we paid to sleep was Hamburg, i didn't feel confident to sleep elsewhere in the city, btw the spot was super cool.
View attachment 208857

Now some pics:

The weapon of choice

Bremen (Germany)

Hamburg (Germany)

The Lego House (Denmark)

Alborg (Denmark)

Rabjerg Mile (Denmark)

The Trollpykken (the troll pen*s) (Norway)

Preikestolen hike (Norway)

Bergen (Norway)

Nordfjord (Norway)

Geiranger (Norway)

I know that probably seems like it was a boring trip, but it wasn't, i'm not good at telling stories neither with photos nor with written words.

Bonus pics: some cool vehicles i've spotted
Sounds like an awesome trip. I lived in Denmark a year and it was a great place.

Reactions: MattLodi

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Sound like a great trip! Thanks for sharing! Yes, Scandinavia is a beautiful region for overlanders. In summer as in winter.

Reactions: MattLodi

MattLodi

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Reggio Emilia, RE, Italia
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lodi
Sounds like an awesome trip. I lived in Denmark a year and it was a great place.
Yes, i've been in Denmark for work in the past years but i didn't had the opportunity to visit it, anyway it was a pleasure work with danish people.

Sound like a great trip! Thanks for sharing! Yes, Scandinavia is a beautiful region for overlanders. In summer as in winter.
Absolutely, last year i've visited Lofoten Island with a rented Kia Picanto and a tent in January 2017 i've been between Norway and Finland to catch the northern lights. That was one of the best natural spectacles i've ever seen, it still give me goosebumps.

Sounds lovely, what was so special about the tip of Denmark?
It was a totally unexpected scenery (for me), i didn't expect to find sand dunes like these in Denmark.

probably the fact that we came from 12 days of rain helped to make us appreciate this place even more.

Reactions: El-Dracho