Stephen
Last Name
Fry
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4VYV
Service Branch
Air Force / Army
Here are my top 3: Aligns with what was reported by The Overland Journal and their Fridge Shootout from this year. (Can Find on YouTube)
1. Dometic CFX3 75DZ 2. National Luna 72Legacy Dual Control 3. Engel MT60 Combo(

I have had my engel my45 for right at 20 years. All but the last year it was used almost every single day. We recently purchased a Dometic CFX3 95 Dual Zone. I havent even unboxed it. But if the reviews are right then we will like it. I will post up more as I get some time behind the unit.

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Sumner County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

I have had an Iceco VL45 for about a year. It has performed great for several camping trips, in humid 90 degree + weather and freezing cold (obviously). When not adventuring, about 60 percent of the time I have had it, I have used it as a 0 degree freezer in the garage. I have a thermometer in it and it has always been within a degree or two of setting. It is a couple degrees warmer near the top. I really like it.

HoffmanMark

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Dallas, Texas, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

I have an Iceco VL45ProS and it’s performing well. Can’t go wrong with them as the have a 5yr warranty on their compressors.

Reactions: 9Mike2

200LC

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Hord
Member #

Our SnoMaster hasn't let us down yet, it's quiet uses very little power cools everything very nicely also like having the remote gives you a heads up if for some reason fridge comes unplug during travels able to salvage your stuff before it goes bad. Love it.

TCBTacoma

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butt
Member #

The way I went about it was that I think there are some really good options (most, if not all, have been mentioned). I personally was going to get a National Luna, but it didn't fit where I wanted as I was spec'ing out my build (still waiting on delivery on my truck). So, I went with the ARB dual zone...but I think that there are a lot of high-quality products, just which factors are most important for your use case that might narrow it down a bit.

Patman

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast III

Hollister, Ca
First Name
Patrik
Last Name
Hultin
Member #

Just a little update. I've had my ICECO for some time, running constantly without any issues. It even took the brunt of a parked rear ending, and while my slide was toast, the ICECO didn't miss a beat. I'm shopping for another fridge for my Cruiser, and it will be an ICECO as well

Attachments

HoffmanMark

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Dallas, Texas, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Just a little update. I've had my ICECO for some time, running constantly without any issues. It even took the brunt of a parked rear ending, and while my slide was toast, the ICECO didn't miss a beat. I'm shopping for another fridge for my Cruiser, and it will be an ICECO as well
I have an Iceco VL45ProS Portable Fridge With Cover | ICECO. It’s been operating flawlessly. I have it installed in my ‘04 4RNR connected to my secondary battery. If this one ever fails I’d buy another ICECO.

HoffmanMark

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Dallas, Texas, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

I have an Iceco VL45 ProS in the back of my 4Runner and it has been great. The detachable lid makes it easy to load and the ability to open it from either side, comes in handy. They have a great warranty for a great price.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
We have a "unique" branded 12v fridge, it works great. I just installed a plug into the back of the jeep for it. We bought it at Costco. Not sure if they have any more.
Massimo? If so, I've had one of those for a couple years now, and it's still chugging along. When it's not in the trailer, we keep it plugged in as a drink fridge in the living room.

I went with the ICECO JP50, for two reasons, I don't need for my travels a separate frig / freezer section and cost.
I recently picked up the setpower AJ30. It's the same fridge as the iceco jp series, as iceco and setpower are owned by the same company. That one lives in the back of my rig, and I love it.

It's the perfect size for solo trips, or loading up lunch for a family day trip.

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

We use one or two Snomasters (depending on what the trip is) - we have a Classic 56L double compartment and a single compartment Classic 60L. Both operate as a fridge or freezer in all compartments, so on a longer trip using both gives real flexibility in storage space.
They both just fit across the width of the second row seats (no seats fitted) or we can use one and a seat. Since it's usually only the two of us, having no second row seats isn't an issue and gives more storage space for all the other kit we carry !!! (Far too much !!).
Being 12v compressor chest fridges, with a lot of good quality insulation, running current and daily electrical consumption is quite low, and will run off twin 110ahr aux batts for hours without really depleting them.
Also, having so much food storage space means we can go for days without having to food shop!! Suits me :tongueclosed: :tearsofjoy:

IMG_4878 (1).jpg IMG_4880 (1).jpg

Reactions: Gpschef and 9Mike2