Freyja the 4Runner

• HTML tutorial

HP Lefler

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Minnesota. Twin Cities Metro
Member #

After countless thousands of dollars in re-doing things on my Taco that I screwed up, a whole new front end and a leaky transfer case, I decided to trade her in for a new whip.

Meet Freyja:

The day I brought her home.

A trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

How she looks now!
Added 3" Toytec/Bilstein lift, KMC Wheels, BFGoodrich AT KO2s at Apex Overland in Greensboro, NC! I couldn't be happier with their work and with their desire to sell me what I asked for without selling me a bunch of crap that I don't need! Check them out at:
www.apexoverland.com

More additions coming soon(ish)!
Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited:

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@HP Lefler

The OBX is near the Outer Banks correct? I've not yet been to that part of the country though I hear it's beautiful.

Boort

jhill15

Rank 0

Contributor II

@Boort

OBX is the abbreviation for The Outer Banks. It is beautiful and one of my favorite places on earth.

Looking forward to this build! Obx is one of our most favorite spots as well! There's quite a bit of good ol trails on southern part of ocracoke if you haven't down there yet.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@jhill15

I've not been there. My grandmother spent summers on Ocracoke when she was a girl. Very different then I'd think. It's somewhere I'd like to visit.

Boort

jhill15

Rank 0

Contributor II

@jhill15

I've not been there. My grandmother spent summers on Ocracoke when she was a girl. Very different then I'd think. It's somewhere I'd like to visit.

Boort
There's not a whole lot on ocracoke now, so I bet when your grandmother was a girl there was probably next to nothing other than an amazing beach, sound front, along with some peace and quiet!!! I'm jealous!!!

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@jhill15

To hear her tell it Ocracoke was full of "Summer Shanties", sand fleas and freedom for her and her siblings. Next time I get back east I'll have to ask if she has any pictures from her time there. (I doubt it as they did not have much money and photography was $$$ expensive then.)

Boort

HP Lefler

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Minnesota. Twin Cities Metro
Member #

@jhill15 @Boort

These days, Okracoke is a bit like Key West... but without the 3rd world gay pride parade feel. Lots of tourists all summer long. A place where you park your car at your hotel, then rent a golf cart or beach cruiser bike and drive it around drunk as hell with no concern for anyone else... or your own longevity. Having said that... I love it there. Ocracoke isn't my normal destination, but when I'm there... the beaches are beautiful, the dining is great, and the campgrounds are nice.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@HP Lefler

Sounds like a great place to visit in the winter. When the crowds have left, the town has been returned to the few hearty locals, and one can walk calmly down the beach enjoying the beauty in solitude.

Boort

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@HP Lefler

Awesome post! Reminds me of my girlfriend and I visiting Bear lake in Utah/Idaho off season. We had the lake to ourselves and could wander about skipping stones, relax on the sand, and take pics of the sunrises without anyone butting in to the frame. It was peaceful and relaxing. all of the tourist traps had closed up and only the great places locals frequent were still open. We were able to enjoy the small town rather than standing in line for hours just to get a rushed meal.
Also got to grab a picnic lunch and spend a couple of days exploring the surrounding canyons in the truck.

Boort