Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I crave seeing different and rare vehicles. I was at MOORE expo for 3 days and its just solid toyota and jeep. Even though all of them had crazy mods of every variety... it just all starts to blend together. It gets a bit boring when everything is a tacoma or wrangler.

I think I saw 4 land rovers at the show (all in parking lot, not in the actual show) and 3 of us found each other and parked together.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I crave seeing different and rare vehicles. I was at MOORE expo for 3 days and its just solid toyota and jeep. Even though all of them had crazy mods of every variety... it just all starts to blend together. It gets a bit boring when everything is a tacoma or wrangler.

I think I saw 4 land rovers at the show (all in parking lot, not in the actual show) and 3 of us found each other and parked together.
Like myself. I like quirky adventure rigs. Bronco Sport, Rav4, Outback, Crosstrek, vitaras, trackers etc. All cool stuff that can be built to go FAR.

Reactions: Shahn

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
We are using the most unjeep jeep there is. The patriot. We love it. It's being built as we speak for this year's travels. Lift system, racks, storage, lighting, and communication all going in now.
Think the patriot is a close tie with the Commander, we drove one for well over 200k and many badge of honor trails completely stock, currently thought I would have to give the unjeep award to the Renegade, its a far cry from its namesake of the 70's when it was a CJ5 trim level..

rgallant

Rank III

Advocate I

British Columbia
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
I just trundle along in my Discovery, smile and wave at the endless Jeeps and Toyota's. Then climb through stuff they figure I would never be able to do, abet slowly as I am older and have nothing left to prove with the skinny pedal.
I do envy the massive volume of relatively inexpensive easily accessible off-road parts made for those platforms though.

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
I am interested in anything that anyone uses to get out and enjoy the world. I am NOT brand specific. I enjoy learning the paths to an end that folks have chosen and what works and doesn't work for them and why. I try to be a sponge and soak it all in and then apply what I learn to my specific vision/pursuit of "perfection".....knowing all the while that there is no perfection, only acceptable levels of compromise.

What works for me may not work for you......and that should be part of the fun.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Think the patriot is a close tie with the Commander, we drove one for well over 200k and many badge of honor trails completely stock, currently thought I would have to give the unjeep award to the Renegade, its a far cry from its namesake of the 70's when it was a CJ5 trim level..
I dont know, The fiat panda is way cooler than a caliber... :tonguewink:

Reactions: OTH Overland

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Your ride should fit your mission profile. Period. I can't get my van down narrow, rutted tracks in the Ozark Mountains or rock crawl in Moab. But, I don't want to. That's not my thang.
Congratulations! You have just won the thread. There is no “perfect” vehicle, just a bunch of trade offs that matter only to the owner of a vehicle.