Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I'm new to the Site and live in the Fort Walton Beach, FL area, how many of us are there? I would definitely like to get a meet some other members from the area!

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Not far at all considering I actually live West of Hurlburt down Parish Point Blvd. where the Tom Thumb and McDonalds are!

Reactions: TxRanger3006

TxRanger3006

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre, FL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Andersen
Member #

I would be down to go cruise around the range sometime. I’m down in Navarre south side of 98 across from the Walmart. Or find some other trails in some of the state park areas maybe.
Hell ya man I’d like to try and go for a trip soon and maybe head into Tennessee or wherever. I’m working on my main trail rig but my DD is capable too.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I'm going to take my boys out on the Range Sunday, we'll probably start out with some fishing at Roberts Pond and then do some cruising around the West part of the Range North of Navarre. If you're working Sunday Ranger keep your eye open for my gray F-150 Supercrew FX4!

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Well spent most of yesterday on the West side of the Eglin Range, started the day at Robert's Pond trying to catch some finicky Bass and then did some exploring trying to find Weaver River campground, I thought all the Campgrounds were marked but evidently this one wasn't. Found the area it's supposed to be in but no noticeable campground. Managed to find a washed out road that prevented us from fishing a couple of other ponds on the Southern half of the Range just East of Navarre. I'll post up some picks in a bit.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Since my oldest son Anthony is leaving Thursday to spend 2 months down in PCB we're going to head out on the Range again tomorrow. The plan is to get up and going as early as possible and then head to two ponds I know about in the East River Unit South of Roberts Pond off of 253. After we check out the bite on those two ponds we'll probably give Roberts Pond a try again, there's one big Bass I let get away I want to try and find again, I know where he or she is hanging out! After that we'll probably do some exploring before heading home in time for dinner! Truck is pretty dirty from last trip so guess I won't clean it today!

Truck 2.jpg

TxRanger3006

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre, FL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Andersen
Member #

Since my oldest son Anthony is leaving Thursday to spend 2 months down in PCB we're going to head out on the Range again tomorrow. The plan is to get up and going as early as possible and then head to two ponds I know about in the East River Unit South of Roberts Pond off of 253. After we check out the bite on those two ponds we'll probably give Roberts Pond a try again, there's one big Bass I let get away I want to try and find again, I know where he or she is hanging out! After that we'll probably do some exploring before heading home in time for dinner! Truck is pretty dirty from last trip so guess I won't clean it today!

View attachment 99274
When we meet up eventually I’ll have to take my daughter fishing with y’all she loves it and is always bugging me about going.

NWF Troopr

Rank I

Contributor III

Navarre, Florida, USA
First Name
Al
Last Name
Puen
Member #

Folks, I'm in Navarre and been living here for 20 years - Mil, retired and just stayed. It would be great to get together and explore the range some more.

Attachments

Alexd7290

Rank 0

Contributor II

Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Alexander
Last Name
Dominguez
Hello everyone I'm kind of new to town i just moved to the Pensacola area (Corry Station) and I'm in the other the thread for this area the "NW Florida" thread and i just saw this one. A few others and myself are trying to setup a meet/barbecue in the area around the weekend of 28 Sep 19. So if you would like to come please let me know. Also if you have any ideas for good locations to have this event please let me know I'm trying to make this thing happen. It would be great if us local area guys could get to know each other and look at planning trips.

Spooky08

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Navarre, Florida, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Hendrickson
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Hello everyone I'm kind of new to town i just moved to the Pensacola area (Corry Station) and I'm in the other the thread for this area the "NW Florida" thread and i just saw this one. A few others and myself are trying to setup a meet/barbecue in the area around the weekend of 28 Sep 19. So if you would like to come please let me know. Also if you have any ideas for good locations to have this event please let me know I'm trying to make this thing happen. It would be great if us local area guys could get to know each other and look at planning trips.
So a bunch of us are down in the Navarre/Fort Walton Beach area. A good local quick place to go is to get a range pass from Jackson Guard and hit up some of the open trails on the Eglin Range. Just a good spot to look into it you're interested.

Alexd7290

Rank 0

Contributor II

First Name
Alexander
Last Name
Dominguez
So a bunch of us are down in the Navarre/Fort Walton Beach area. A good local quick place to go is to get a range pass from Jackson Guard and hit up some of the open trails on the Eglin Range. Just a good spot to look into it you're interested.
That would be a good spot how are the trails out there and what are the hours that they are open? Are there any good places to stop and hangout because if we can get everyone together out there with there passes that would be fantastic. We can go and hit the trails for a bit and then stop eat, hang out and just get know each other more. If there aren't any feasible spots out there to stop we can also look at eating somewhere before we go or if people would rather do that anyway we can (looking for recommendations if so). Also what is the process to get the pass and how much does it cost so I can relay that to anyone else who may not have one already?

Alexd7290

Rank 0

Contributor II

First Name
Alexander
Last Name
Dominguez
A barbecue at Anderson Pond park has been suggested to me by Txranger3006 this will work if everyone can help by bringing something with them we are trying to find a good middle ground if everyone would be okay with bringing one food item with them this plan would work great the location is nice and would be fitting for us overlanders.

Last edited:

Overland Don

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Miami, FL
First Name
Don
Last Name
Calderalo
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI4WQE
Hi, fellow Floridians. Don from Miami, here. Just joined the site this evening. If there's ever a Florida GTG, count me in.

TxRanger3006

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre, FL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Andersen
Member #

Everyone following this should come out the 28th to Anderson Pond just north of Niceville on 85. We’re gonna do burgers and fries just bring what drinks you want. It’s at noon, I also made a rally point with more info for the event if interested or just message me on here or in private message.

Reactions: Alexd7290