Forest Fires

• HTML tutorial

APtrail2005

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Kalispell Montana
Member #

Just a quick heads up for anyone traveling up here in Northwestern Montana, we have several large Forest Fires burning. If you are planning to travel to Glacier National Park beware of the heavy smoke conditions right now. We are in a Stage 2 Fire Condition ... please check for updates VIA online before heading out on the trails.

rzims

Rank III

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Sims
I lucked out then...I was just up there the week before last. Definitely one of the most beautiful places I've been

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
Hoping you guys are safe and all those fires get contained and mopped up soon. The IDBDR section around Florence, ID, the section from Avery to Wallace and Hoodoo Pass at the MT/ID line is also closed. North Central Idaho is now under stage 1 fire conditions.

APtrail2005

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Kalispell Montana
Member #

Thanks for posting, if anyone else has any information about closers or potential danger please post so we can all stay updated and safe during the Fire Season.

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
MT just closed Hwy 12 due to wildfire by the Lolo Pass, this is the main route to Montana from north central part of Idaho. Drivers will have to go to I90 in CdA. H/T to Chris, not sure of your OB handle.

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
The Hwy 12 closure is now under pilot car. I know of several folks who opted to run the Magruder this morning to get east.

professorkx

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Lots of fires around. My son is doing McGruder corridor over labor day weekend with friends, hope the fires in that area don't grow.

I am going to Cooke City, MT to spend time on the Goose Creek trail system over Labor Day. No fires in that area yet, but still 2 weeks away.

Hate to see the forest burn...

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
Lots of fires around. My son is doing McGruder corridor over labor day weekend with friends, hope the fires in that area don't grow.

I am going to Cooke City, MT to spend time on the Goose Creek trail system over Labor Day. No fires in that area yet, but still 2 weeks away.

Hate to see the forest burn...
So far the Magruder is good, albeit it smoky and dusty. Depending where your son is returning to, Hwy 93 and Hwy 12 near Florence and Lolo, MT are still subject to closure, but are running pilot cars. Going through there tomorrow, I think it's more so people don't stop and gawk.

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Hope all ends up well for you guys up there. We are on fire too all around Yosemite and the Sequoia's. It will surely put a damper on the holiday weekend travelers. This year has been bad, and I think it is only going to get worse. Godspeed to all the Firefighters risking their lives!

Reactions: britz