Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
And I have a pullkitchen arriving Wednesday from @PapaDave. I'm the first one they've built for a Ranger and they had to do some slight mods to make it fit. Ford marketing is a bunch of liars, haha.
The bed is definitely unique! Excited to see how your whole build turns out

Reactions: egilbe

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

And I have a pullkitchen arriving Wednesday from @PapaDave. I'm the first one they've built for a Ranger and they had to do some slight mods to make it fit. Ford marketing is a bunch of liars, haha.
I really want to see how the kitchen turns out. Looks like a great setup. Nice to see other Ranger owners doing something awesome with their rigs!

Reactions: egilbe

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

I have a build thread with the Ranger with the RSI going at the moment. Waiting on the stow away table and the roof rack to show up, but I have the kitchen installed. It's awesome! (Wife needs a step stool to see in a pot. Good thing I'm the cook.)
What are you putting on top of your roof rack? Is the kitchen really functional or is it more hyped up than reality?

What's the link to your build? I'm very interested. I recommend the OME leaf springs just to handle the extra weight of the Cap and what looks like a Deck'd drawer system. Nice looking rig btw!

Reactions: slightNine

slightNine

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Yukon, OK, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hutton
Member #

The rack is getting a Bush Company freestanding 270 awning, Maxtrax, the gmrs antenna, and lighting.

Reactions: DrewKD

slightNine

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Yukon, OK, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hutton
Member #

We've cooked dinner on it twice this week. The stove is pretty high up but other than that it's awesome. Keeps the majority of the kit handy instead of buried somewhere in the back.

I'm not a big fan of the food spatter on the side of the truck though. Lol

AntipplFx4

Rank II

Traveler III

Florence, AZ
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
H
Member #

Switching from SDHQ. I have the Switch Pros module with the SDHQ brackets. One for the engine bay and the other for the cab. I think it looks factory especially since I can color match the LEDs to the rest of the gauges.

How was the install on this? I've been looking for options for my ranger as well, this one looks like a very clean setup

slightNine

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Yukon, OK, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hutton
Member #

I have a build thread with the Ranger with the RSI going at the moment. Waiting on the stow away table and the roof rack to show up, but I have the kitchen installed. It's awesome! (Wife needs a step stool to see in a pot. Good thing I'm the cook.)
What are you putting on top of your roof rack? Is the kitchen really functional or is it more hyped up than reality?

What's the link to your build? I'm very interested. I recommend the OME leaf springs just to handle the extra weight of the Cap and what looks like a Deck'd drawer system. Nice looking rig btw!
We've ordered the 2021R springs. 600 lbs. constant load, with stock ride height.

Reactions: GLOCKer

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

Build Update:

I installed a roof rack from UpTopOverland. This is their Bravo rack. I ordered the rack on 3/15. The estimated lead time was 6 - 8 weeks. I have a trip coming up and was really hoping that it would arrive in time. The rack was delivered on 4/10. That's a good 2 - 4 weeks ahead of schedule! Go UpTopOverland!

The rack consists of 6 crossbars, 2 side rails, and a fairing. It weighs in at roughly 50lbs. It is a good looking rack but of course that is subjective.

However, I cannot recommend this rack to my fellow Ranger owners. At least not at this time. I say this for 2 reasons.

1.) Installation. Installation is a pain in the ass. It requires removing the headliner although not completely. Part of this Ford's fault. You have to remove the liner to get access to the nuts that hold the drip rails in place. Who the hell designed it like this!? The other part is that you have to drill holes into your precious roof. 12 holes to be exact! They supply you with Rivnuts and Plus Nuts. I don't like either. I like good old fashioned bolts and regular nuts. Rivnuts just don't seem all that secure to me.

2.) Durability. The jury is out on this one. Only time will tell. The crossbars are extruded aluminum. I don't know how well these will hold up over time. I'm concerned about the threading used. Will it hold up after removing and reconfiguring my accessories overtime? I don't know. It also uses M6 bolts instead of M8 like most other racks.

I'll post some pics soon. I hope I grow to love it. Right now I like the way it looks up there. It's growing on me.

• Wow
Reactions: GLOCKer

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

I'm sad that you have a ding in the front fender already :disappointed:
The ding isn't even from offroading. The truck was parked and my neighbor ran into it!!! He's a nice guy so no worries. But damn......Asian Drivers smh. It's ok, I'm Asian so I can say that. :laughing:

Maybe I should delete that last comment.....but it's what came to mind when I saw it. The guy has dings all over his car. This is what prompted me to order the Rock Sliders. They work great while parked in busy lots. Keeps other doors and carts from hitting the door panel.

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

How was the install on this? I've been looking for options for my ranger as well, this one looks like a very clean setup
Install is straight forward. The brackets mount up without issue. The functionality is exactly what I want and more. The only issue is that you have to manage your negative wires somehow. Switch Pros suggests a closed ended system to keep it water resistant. I went against their recommendation and am using a Blue Sea Fuse panel to terminate the negative wires. This is much more functional for me and I don't plan on forwarding water 30+ inches deep. The hardest part is poking through the firewall. There is a good penetration point on the passenger side under the glove box. It's tough to reach from the hood side but can be done.

Reactions: AntipplFx4

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

This a pic of the items installed on the UpTopOverland Bravo Rack.
  • ARB Tredpro Recovery Boards
  • Goal Zero 50 watt panels X2
  • Fiskars 36" Splitting Axe
  • Fiskars 44" Shovel
  • OVS 6.5' Awning

PXL_20210605_154250477.png

I purchased the Awning bracket and the Chop & Dig mount from Uptopoverland. The recovery boards are using a modified Yakima recovery board mount. The solar panels are using a bracket that I cut down to size and drilled out. I had to rewire the panels due to the cables being to short to fit in this orientation.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Drew, take the shovel and axe and use them a bit. I know this isn’t you, but whenever I see new unused shovel and axe I laugh at a fashion statement. I really like the way this is coming along. I will not be there tonight as I have to see a friend that’s in town.

Reactions: DrewKD

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

Drew, take the shovel and axe and use them a bit. I know this isn’t you, but whenever I see new unused shovel and axe I laugh at a fashion statement. I really like the way this is coming along. I will not be there tonight as I have to see a friend that’s in town.
We'll miss you tonight! I just got the Axe and shovel before my trip two weeks ago. We could have used a full sized shovel in Joshua Tree. We were all out there digging away with these tiny shovels meant for digging poo holes! My old Axe has a few chips in it so I figured that a new set was in order.

I do agree though, I hate to see stuff on rigs that go unused. I almost feel like I need to roll them in dirt. I at least removed the bloody stickers. That was difficult. Damn Stickers wouldn't budge.

Reactions: MMc

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

We'll miss you tonight! I just got the Axe and shovel before my trip two weeks ago. We could have used a full sized shovel in Joshua Tree. We were all out there digging away with these tiny shovels meant for digging poo holes! My old Axe has a few chips in it so I figured that a new set was in order.

I do agree though, I hate to see stuff on rigs that go unused. I almost feel like I need to roll them in dirt. I at least removed the bloody stickers. That was difficult. Damn Stickers wouldn't budge.
Yep! I carry a folding shovel for under the rig. also a yard shovel for all else. Those T shovels are hard on me.