Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Oh well, that was short lived. HA HA. F150 incoming. I need a truck that can pull at least 10,000 lbs now. We just started a new venture building storage sheds, greenhouses, and other shelters on our site, then trailered to their locations. My truck will be the tow truck for this operation. Mav won't cut it for that. Wife might still get one however to replace the patriot.
You will probably want a higher number than the f150 for that purpose I suggest at least something in the 250- 2500 range and in dually form.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Oh well, that was short lived. HA HA. F150 incoming. I need a truck that can pull at least 10,000 lbs now. We just started a new venture building storage sheds, greenhouses, and other shelters on our site, then trailered to their locations. My truck will be the tow truck for this operation. Mav won't cut it for that. Wife might still get one however to replace the patriot.

My 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 has a 9,000-something pound tow capacity but I wouldn't want to go over 5,000 pounds on a regular basis. If you need to tow 10,000 pounds and its gotta be a Ford, I second the motion that it be an F250. It will tow that weight more easily, and wont get beat down near as fast

Reactions: SquishBang

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Yes, if I was towing regularly. It will be mostly towing structures around town and close by to various other towns. The truck I have has a 12,000 lb towing capacity ( I am purchasing my fathers 2017 F150 5.0) Most structures are in the 2500-5000lb range. the odd time I would have to move a larger, heavier one. That's why I specified 10,000. So 2,000 lb left over towing for the odd time I would be tipping that weight I am good. Also I would be adding airbags to level the load more too. We just purchased an all aluminum low boy trailer with a hyraulic lift deck. Going to install a heavy winch on the deck for pulling up the sheds. easy peasy.

Reactions: ThundahBeagle

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Back to the topic. I watched a few videos of the Mav off road, it does not have the bronco sport's off road chops. They (ford) needs to give the FX4 package the rear locker etc from the sport. It will be a really good soft roader then.

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

And here she is! FX4, lifted, 31” tires, and a Bed Topper.

I secretly wish the one we ordered for my daughter was the 2.0 with FX4, but we got the hybrid cause she drives to college…. Guess I’ll be happy with the Bronco!

Attachments

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
A few days ago I flagged down a guy in a parking lot to chat about his Maverik, lol. Dude was super cool about it and thought it was funny. Anyway he had a basic model and was extremely happy with it. He traded in an F150 for it as he didn't find himself using all of the bigger Ford's capabilities.

Reactions: EBasil

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I’ll be honest I’m really considering looking at one
Seeing one in person honestly solidified it for me, it will be my next rig. Its essentially the same dimensions outside as my Escape, but has more capability and gets better fuel millage. Also being a 4 cylinder it will be easier to work on than the V6 in my Escape, and even that thing is simple and straight forward.

Reactions: Downs

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

I actually got a chance to see one in person today and was super thrilled the guy that purchased it is 6 foot four says he and his tall children can all ride in it comfortably. He’s getting 28 miles a gallon with an all-wheel-drive he’s been super impressed with it, the actual physical size is like the pre-2012 Ford ranger so it’s an actual subcompact pick up truck it’s built on the sea chassis the same as several other Fords edit lens of self to a fantastic drivability and modular nature so Ford could get the most models out of the same basic chassis framework!!

I’m impressed and it’s the same chassis is the bronco sport so there’s going to be availability for drive modes and aftermarket upgrades!!

My f150 on 34s in the background

Attachments

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
love em. There is a 2" lift available now for it. Give's the proper ground clearance I need for the rocky trails we have here. Can't wait to get one. My parents are building a new house behind mine, so I have the F150 at my disposal, so a lifted mav will be my daily now.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Yes, if I was towing regularly. It will be mostly towing structures around town and close by to various other towns. The truck I have has a 12,000 lb towing capacity ( I am purchasing my fathers 2017 F150 5.0) Most structures are in the 2500-5000lb range. the odd time I would have to move a larger, heavier one. That's why I specified 10,000. So 2,000 lb left over towing for the odd time I would be tipping that weight I am good. Also I would be adding airbags to level the load more too. We just purchased an all aluminum low boy trailer with a hyraulic lift deck. Going to install a heavy winch on the deck for pulling up the sheds. easy peasy.
Wrong truck.

Work truck, I'd go F350 minimum.

EBasil

Rank VI

Influencer I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Basil
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6LBE
Comanche Eliminator.jpg
As the owner and longtime user of a half uni-body, mini-truck (shown here in her 1990 beauty, with Goodyears on it), I think the Maverick is neat, well-sized and has some great numbers to it! I do wonder about the axles, and I know it's not a "real 4-wheeler" with the indy suspension, but I watch how well and comfortably these RAV 4's and our old Escape can go pretty far afield and I think this Maverick might be in my future.

U

UgotWheelz

Why not call it the Courier.

Like the Bronco Sport, it’s based on the Escape platform, so it’s a unibody. that makes me leery for some uses.
I asked somebody from forwards marketing team at an event and apparently the courier name has been taken by Volkswagen for the small truck segment but agree that would’ve been better

rtexpeditions

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Treloyn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK7VWK
That Maverick looks like an interesting vehicle. Very different to the other Mavericks I have come across, I guess they like recycling the name.

Mavericks sold here in Australia were rebadged Nissan Patrols.
Mavericks in Europe were a variant of the Nissan Mistral SUV made in Spain and sold in Australia as a Nissan Terrano II.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
View attachment 218196
As the owner and longtime user of a half uni-body, mini-truck (shown here in her 1990 beauty, with Goodyears on it), I think the Maverick is neat, well-sized and has some great numbers to it! I do wonder about the axles, and I know it's not a "real 4-wheeler" with the indy suspension, but I watch how well and comfortably these RAV 4's and our old Escape can go pretty far afield and I think this Maverick might be in my future.
I'm jelly of that MJ. Really want to add one to the driveway to complement the XJ.

Reactions: EBasil