• HTML tutorial

Spvrtan

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Diego
Member #

Asking price: $6,100

Look around and you'll find most tandem axle trailers of this rating and size are about ~$4k before fees. And those trailers typically have two solid axles instead of independent axles, wood floors instead of lighter aluminum, a loose ball hitch instead of a solid 3-axis hitch, a C-channel frame instead of a boxed and sealed frame, and so forth.

• Main area measures 7' wide by 14' long
    • Total length is ~18'
  • Does not come with ramps; buy or make your own
  • VIN-plated and registered in CA since September 4th, 2020 with PTI (permanent trailer identification)
  • Built from start to finish between June - August 2020 with all new material and parts; took a ~6-week break in between because I had a saw blade accident that severed one of my fingers' tendons.
  • Selling because originally intended to use it for towing a project vehicle on it but priorities have chanced recently and the trailer has just been sitting collecting dust; rather sell to someone that can use it for their own project rig, UTV, work-duty for hauling raw material, or even turning into a basecamp setup (eg. boxed living quarters up front and use the rear for ATVs/bikes). Trailer has been used for maybe a half-dozen raw material runs, 2-3 camping trips (for mostly testing out the trailer), and 1 long road trip from San Diego to Colorado and back
  • I don't "need" to sell this so don't lowball me; just selling because it's not getting enough use and someone may be able to use it better like I intended, asking $6.1k or best offer.
  • Super heavy-duty. I pulled it through an unmaintained rutted out and bumpy narrow forest road in Arizona at ~35mph without issues, also pulled it through open desert washes at moderate speeds and the combination of the Lock N Roll 3-axis hitch and Timbren Industries independent axles make for an extremely smooth ride
  • Priced as such for mostly the parts, which were all bought new (axles alone are $1,600), and cost of raw material (which is even more nowadays, aluminum floor was about $1,000) and then the labor second. 400 in paint. 300 in wheels/tires (used). 800 in hubs/brakes. 900 in steel.
  • Fully-sealed frame; any frame-side mounting holes are through-tubes
  • Spine is 3" square tube 3/16" thick
  • Rest of frame is 3x2 or 3x1 rectangle tube 1/8" thick
  • Floor is aluminum diamond plate 1/8" thick
    • One 4x8 sheet alone is $350; used 3.
  • 7-pin trailer plug
  • Drive-over fenders
  • Center floor panels swing up for option of adding underfloor storage or accessories (eg. batteries, spare parts)
    • Never got around to adding the storage boxes
  • Floor-embedded recessed pockets for holding smaller items
  • All 4 hubs/drums (12") have electric brakes. Rated at 6k each set.
  • "Tandem axle"; all four hubs are independent axles from Timbren Industries
  • Total spring rating is 7,000lbs
  • Sprung weight is just under 1,000lbs.
  • 32" tires w/ 17" wheels
  • 6x5.5 bolt pattern with 6x139.7mm 1.25" wheel adapter for toyotas
  • Six 1/2" (4,000lb rating) D-rings welded on
  • 18 standard stake pockets around sides for walls
  • 4 standard jack mounts
  • 4 bolted on 1/2" eye-bolt anchor points at the center
  • 48" UWS aluminum tongue box with lock/keys
  • 3-axis Lock N Roll articulating hitch (smooth towing, no jolting, offroad-design)
  • Preset mounting holes on sides for removable add-ons
    • Will throw in a removable bed rack that supports a RTT and two standard awnings

Photos..

Last edited: