York County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Short back story - bought this truck in 2018 just to pull a boat I had. Sold the boat in 2020 and started the overland build. I’ve always camped and hiked. But I wanted to set my truck up to have everything I needed with me. This was before I even knew the term “overlanding.” I never even knew there were such things as rooftop tents. Moving on - I got a great deal on some 37” Nittos from a friend. They’re absolutely great but my wheel, ha, is a 22” KMC or something. I don’t like that. But, I’m going with what I have. Obviously I needed to lift the truck, I did so with a 6”. I then considered recovery options. Figured that out. Then on to a roof rack. I already had an idea for a shower so I needed something to mount it to. After a few trips into the woods, I learned I needed storage options. Annnd a full size spare tire mounting option. I went with the Decked system. It’s all right. Next was the RIGd mega swing. Amazing product. So far. During this time I acquired a custom DIY camping trailer. It’s pretty great.

I said short back story didn’t I? My bad.

I’ll just list the stuff I’ve added a long the way in no particular order. Whatever comes to mind as I’m typing.

RC 6” lift
37” Nitto RG’s
22” KMC somethings
Bagged the rear.
Intake and exhaust
Throttle body
Bullydog tuner
KENWOOD DMX 1057 (I list this because so great reading maps and is compatible with Gaia.)
Mishimoto dual catch cans
Amazon bull bar (regrets)
Leer cap
Decked storage
Westin steps
ARB on-board dual compressor
Thule roof rack
Arksen basket
Custom made shower (currently OOS)
Farm jack (I’m going to be completely honest, don’t even know how to use it)
Traction boards
RIGd Mega Swing
Proven Ground flares
Probably some other stuff, I’ll add later if I remember. And as I go, of course.

Attachments

Reactions: Coreymol

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Short back story - bought this truck in 2018 just to pull a boat I had. Sold the boat in 2020 and started the overland build. I’ve always camped and hiked. But I wanted to set my truck up to have everything I needed with me. This was before I even knew the term “overlanding.” I never even knew there were such things as rooftop tents. Moving on - I got a great deal on some 37” Nittos from a friend. They’re absolutely great but my wheel, ha, is a 22” KMC or something. I don’t like that. But, I’m going with what I have. Obviously I needed to lift the truck, I did so with a 6”. I then considered recovery options. Figured that out. Then on to a roof rack. I already had an idea for a shower so I needed something to mount it to. After a few trips into the woods, I learned I needed storage options. Annnd a full size spare tire mounting option. I went with the Decked system. It’s all right. Next was the RIGd mega swing. Amazing product. So far. During this time I acquired a custom DIY camping trailer. It’s pretty great.

I said short back story didn’t I? My bad.

I’ll just list the stuff I’ve added a long the way in no particular order. Whatever comes to mind as I’m typing.

RC 6” lift
37” Nitto RG’s
22” KMC somethings
Bagged the rear.
Intake and exhaust
Throttle body
Bullydog tuner
KENWOOD DMX 1057 (I list this because so great reading maps and is compatible with Gaia.)
Mishimoto dual catch cans
Amazon bull bar (regrets)
Leer cap
Decked storage
Westin steps
ARB on-board dual compressor
Thule roof rack
Arksen basket
Custom made shower (currently OOS)
Farm jack (I’m going to be completely honest, don’t even know how to use it)
Traction boards
RIGd Mega Swing
Proven Ground flares
Probably some other stuff, I’ll add later if I remember. And as I go, of course.
welcome and nice set up

Reactions: JacksonRL

JacksonRL

Rank VII

Educator I

York County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Can you post up some more info on your PVC shower setup?

I had some scrap 6" schedule 40 PVC lying around at work. It was around 7ft long. Went to the local plumbing supply and picked up a clean out cap, a 6" to 4" T, and then a 6" to 4" cap, 4" to 2" reducer, and finally a 2" to 1/2" reducer. It may have been something else in-between the 2" to 1/2", I can't exactly remember but I'm sure you see where I'm going with it. At that end, down to the 1/2" I added a cross. One end into the pipe, then a gauge on top, a pressure relief valve on the side, and at the bottom a Schrader valve. At the other end, 6" to 4" T so that I can add water. After the T was the clean out cap. On the bottom, under the T, I added a boiler drain. Just drilled with a hole saw and stuck it in there. Couple of pressure checks after everything was together exposed some vulnerabilities, but nothing a little teflon tape and tightening couldn't fix. Finally, I painted it with black flex seal just as an added precaution. Total length was a little over 8ft. Holds about 8 gallons according to whatever I read somewhere about 6" PVC is 1 gallon per foot. I winged this thing, so I apologize if my explanation is a little scattered.

I also thought I had more pictures of the progress of it.

Attachments

Reactions: PandaMonium 428

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
Cool! Thank you for sharing how you put it together. I'm considering a simplified version without a T-fitting. I am thinking I'll just cap the ends and in one end put in a hose bibb/spigot, a shrader valve, and a pressure release cap. My though is I can open the pressure release and then fill it through the hose spigot.