• HTML tutorial

ScorpioVI

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Hi all,

Heard about y'all ages ago but never got around to signing up. Just bought the Ultimate Membership Pack the other day. What finally got me here was running into I Am Jake's youtube channel. Watching Jake kinda opened up the possibilities of what having a vehicle and a dog can do. Kinda like a "huh, why am I not doing more of that" moment.

I guess I've been "overlanding" for a while, even though my idea of "overlanding" was just throwing a tent, sleeping bag, and a Coleman stove into the trunk of my old Mustang and trying to climb the Sierra trails with it.

Got into motorcycles in the early 2000s, and did the ADV thing for a while (same username on ADVrider). Been all over CA and NV on the bike, did Baja, did a moto tour in Europe. Currently have a KTM 990 ADV, but between friends getting married, friends moving away, and me getting a dog I'm finding myself riding less and less lately.

Me off Sonora Pass:

I currently have a Sport Trac (all stock) that serves as my gun truck/BOV that I'm waiting for to die (212,000 miles so should be soonish...). I will probably be replacing it with a new-ish Tacoma that will be kitted out (already getting ideas looking at some of your rigs).

My gun truck/bug-out vehicle...

What else... I'm a shooter, archer, veteran, gamer, avid reader, libertarian, atheist, dog fanatic, etc. I get the feeling that I've crossed paths with some of you folks already if not in real life, on the various forums. I seem to be among kindred spirits.

Looking forward to hanging out, see you guys out there.

~ Alan

Reactions: DanR

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi all,

Heard about y'all ages ago but never got around to signing up. Just bought the Ultimate Membership Pack the other day. What finally got me here was running into I Am Jake's youtube channel. Watching Jake kinda opened up the possibilities of what having a vehicle and a dog can do. Kinda like a "huh, why am I not doing more of that" moment.

I guess I've been "overlanding" for a while, even though my idea of "overlanding" was just throwing a tent, sleeping bag, and a Coleman stove into the trunk of my old Mustang and trying to climb the Sierra trails with it.

Got into motorcycles in the early 2000s, and did the ADV thing for a while (same username on ADVrider). Been all over CA and NV on the bike, did Baja, did a moto tour in Europe. Currently have a KTM 990 ADV, but between friends getting married, friends moving away, and me getting a dog I'm finding myself riding less and less lately.

Me off Sonora Pass:

I currently have a Sport Trac (all stock) that serves as my gun truck/BOV that I'm waiting for to die (212,000 miles so should be soonish...). I will probably be replacing it with a new-ish Tacoma that will be kitted out (already getting ideas looking at some of your rigs).

What else... I'm a shooter, archer, veteran, gamer, avid reader, libertarian, atheist, dog fanatic, etc. I get the feeling that I've crossed paths with some of you folks already if not in real life, on the various forums. I seem to be among kindred spirits.

Looking forward to hanging out, see you guys out there.

~ Alan
Hey Alan and welcome to OB! Nice bike! Glad I inspired you to outfit and explore! Thank you for your support and following my journey! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

ScorpioVI

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Hey Alan and welcome to OB! Nice bike! Glad I inspired you to outfit and explore! Thank you for your support and following my journey! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!
5 minutes Jake? You have a warning light on your dash for new posts or something? Get back to YouTube!

j/k

Really love your videos, pretty much spent the last couple of weeks watching your vlog. So far I've seen everything from when you set off on the 50-state until your last upload a couple of days ago. Your vlog on the Overland Expo in Flagstaff was what got me to this forum. I'm digging your energy, your style, your choice of handgun (big 1911 fanatic here) and your top-notch cinematography. I'm not a Patreon, yet, but look for me in the near future. Keep up the good work, stay safe, and give Annie some treats for me.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

5 minutes Jake? You have a warning light on your dash for new posts or something? Get back to YouTube!

j/k

Really love your videos, pretty much spent the last couple of weeks watching your vlog. So far I've seen everything from when you set off on the 50-state until your last upload a couple of days ago. Your vlog on the Overland Expo in Flagstaff was what got me to this forum. I'm digging your energy, your style, your choice of handgun (big 1911 fanatic here) and your top-notch cinematography. I'm not a Patreon, yet, but look for me in the near future. Keep up the good work, stay safe, and give Annie some treats for me.
No warning light on the dash - LOL! With Jade being down, thought I'd take a few moments and see what's going on here at OB! So awesome of you to have subscribed to my channel - really appreciate it! Thank you for your support and following my journey!