Flying Tacoma

• HTML tutorial

ColoradoPacific

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fort Collins, CO
Member #

So I managed to get my 5,500# Tacoma airborne yesterday. Was not at all intentional. Heading down from a trail run with my local club, and I was admiring the view instead of watching the trail and my speed. Suddenly I was floating. Reports are that I was about 18 inches off the ground, but unfortunately nobody caught it on camera.

The good news: I don't seem to have done any serious damage. No leaks, no weird noises, and the truck still drives straight.

The bad news: My steering wheel is about 30 degrees off center (tires straight = steering wheel at 2 o'clock), and my "tire slip" warning light won't turn off.

Gonna check the code at lunch today. Hoping I just have a loose wheel speed sensor or something like that...

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

So I managed to get my 5,500# Tacoma airborne yesterday. Was not at all intentional. Heading down from a trail run with my local club, and I was admiring the view instead of watching the trail and my speed. Suddenly I was floating. Reports are that I was about 18 inches off the ground, but unfortunately nobody caught it on camera.

The good news: I don't seem to have done any serious damage. No leaks, no weird noises, and the truck still drives straight.

The bad news: My steering wheel is about 30 degrees off center (tires straight = steering wheel at 2 o'clock), and my "tire slip" warning light won't turn off.

Gonna check the code at lunch today. Hoping I just have a loose wheel speed sensor or something like that...
Have you gone over all the front end components yet. Something has to be screwed up or bent to have straight wheels and steering wheel be turned. What kind of suspension are you running?

E

expeditionnorth

congrats on flying but sorry to hear you have some damage

you knocked something out of alignment by the sounds of it, best of luck

Reactions: ColoradoPacific

ColoradoPacific

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fort Collins, CO
Member #

Well I got an alignment on Wednesday. They fixed a minor case of toe-in, but nothing too bad. But my steering wheel still isn't centered, and I still have that wheel slip indicator on my dash (no codes though, I already checked). Guess I'll be taking into the Stealership after my upcoming work trip...

Luismedina86

Rank 0

Traveler I

I have the samed. You have to hey a aliment and put your wheel back on 0 and that is it will cost you 120 $

Sent from my SM-G900T using OB Talk mobile app