Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
That's a good ride. I did it a few months ago and I'm wanting to do it again soon, and maybe run Big Levels in there too.

Casey Scott

Rank 0

Contributor I

From Southern VA, would like to know where/how to get a Gaia map for this or at least something to show me where the trail head is.. Also any other information about the trail would be helpful.. thanks in advance.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
If you come in from 33 at the reservoir, there's a neat spot on the left to camp beside the creek, good for 1 or 2 trucks. I want to stay there sometime.

Keep your eyes out on the meet-up forum, we're hoping to do a statewide Virginia meet-up with camping in this area.

Bjorn44

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger II

Massanutten, Virginia
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Beery
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPI306
Service Branch
Navy and Army
Middle for the week lol.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

FJ60pete

Rank 0

Traveler I

Alexandria VA
Member #

Seems like middle of the week is the way to go. I've heard Fridays aren't bad either which is why I asked. I went on a perfect early summer Saturday last year and it was a total mess.

Rivertripper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Kyiv, Ukraine
First Name
Dos
Last Name
Badonya
Member #

If you come in from 33 at the reservoir, there's a neat spot on the left to camp beside the creek, good for 1 or 2 trucks. I want to stay there sometime.

Keep your eyes out on the meet-up forum, we're hoping to do a statewide Virginia meet-up with camping in this area.
I believe this is the spot you are talking about, I stayed there on New Years Day this past winter. Really nice peaceful 20170101_165351.jpg spot.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
That's a nice spot, but not the one I was talking about. The one I meant is just to the left of the trail next to the creek. It's just wide enough for a couple trucks to be backed into. I might have a picture of it somewhere on here...

Reactions: Bjorn44