Cancelled Flagpole Knob/ PMR/ MABDR 3

• HTML tutorial

LGlx

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

NJ
Member #

Mid-week is a little bit difficult for me. Mind recording track and waypoint of campsites? I'll run it on a weekend.

Reactions: Dusther210

John Bishop

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

I'm interested and will be following this thread. Won't commit until it's closer to the time, though.
There are some nice spots along Union Springs and closer to Flagpole.

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
Just to confirm, it looks like everyone signed up so far does not have a ham license. Should I assume we will all be using GMRS so I can simplify the comms portion of this?
Also I am just wondering which sections of this trip do you plan to join, is everyone just doing Flagpole Knob? Anyone joining for MABDR?

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
It may be easier to accomplish this closer to the weekend I know it's hard for me to get off midweek just my .02

John Bishop

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

Dusther, are you driving from NJ to Sweitzer Thursday morning, or camping Wed night in the area?
Where are you planning on picking up the MABDR? Will you be running it north or south? From what I've seen of the map of MABDR, the route passes west of Flagpole on Rt 33. Doing Peters Mill afterwards seems like backtracking would be involved to get to the MABDR?
Any idea of area you plan on camping Thurs night?

The more this trip stews in my head the more I want to go. lol The nice 60* days this week have really made me want to get out there!

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
Dusther, are you driving from NJ to Sweitzer Thursday morning, or camping Wed night in the area?
Where are you planning on picking up the MABDR? Will you be running it north or south? From what I've seen of the map of MABDR, the route passes west of Flagpole on Rt 33. Doing Peters Mill afterwards seems like backtracking would be involved to get to the MABDR?
Any idea of area you plan on camping Thurs night?

The more this trip stews in my head the more I want to go. lol The nice 60* days this week have really made me want to get out there!
We plan to leave NJ around 11pm on Tuesday night. Find a site and get rest near Switzer Lake Wednesday morning, then camp Wednesday night along PMR and there is another site we plan to sleep at Thursday night. After a late wake up on Friday morning we will drive straight back to NJ. We will most likely be stopping at the Tim Hortons in Raritan NJ on the way down and on the way back up.

Reactions: John Bishop

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
Hi all, is this trip a wash now? I was looking to run flagpole, and I couldn’t find people to want to go.
This trip was schedule for early April but had to be canceled.
However there was a lot of interest in Flagpole and I’m sure you can rally a few people to make something happen