Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Cain
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Going camping in Sherando, GWNF the week of 4th July, going to hit at least Bald Mountain Trail and Flag Pole Knob while there as day trips. Family friends are coming from Ohio as well. Vics are Hummer H3 and slightly modified Explorer. WIll be a mix of kids and adults. This will be the first time on each trail for us, and welcome others to come run as well if they want. Most likely will be attending the Rigs and Coffee that Saturday morning as well depending on how checkout goes.

Reactions: hfd376

hfd376

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Henrico, VA, USA
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Mitchell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N4HDF
Going camping in Sherando, GWNF the week of 4th July, going to hit at least Bald Mountain Trail and Flag Pole Knob while there as day trips. Family friends are coming from Ohio as well. Vics are Hummer H3 and slightly modified Explorer. WIll be a mix of kids and adults. This will be the first time on each trail for us, and welcome others to come run as well if they want. Most likely will be attending the Rigs and Coffee that Saturday morning as well depending on how checkout goes.
Union Springs road and Dunkle Hollow road access is sill open to get to Meadow Knob, I'm not sure if the closure is before Flagpole or not. Last I saw, they should be finished with the project around June 24th.

Have fun!

Reactions: chinsH3

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

Oh wow, lol.

I literally was about to post up our July 4th meet and greet event and look... someone is already going to GWNF!

Me and my group ( Trail Hounds ) are going to GWNF July 5th - 7th. We will be hitting the trails and hanging out. Please give me a message or PM if you'd like to meet up and hit the trails together!

chinsH3

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Cain
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Finally found service! So far we have hit Dunkle Hollow to Flagpole and then down the mtn on Union Springs. will post pics later. The gate just before Flagpolr, where Dunkle and Union Springs meet is still closed for the above mentioned maintenance....

Reactions: hfd376