Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Interesting info on the warranty and change of handle composition. i have an X25 which may be the older style since the handle is entirely black but it has served me well and generally splits the firewood with little effort. Nice to know if it fails they are there to stand behind it. On the other hand trying to find a replacement handle for my old Plumb Boy Scout hatchet was a real pain-went through 3 until I got one that worked correctly and my fingers are crossed as i have not put it through the paces yet.

Contributor II

East Tennessee
First Name
James
Last Name
vvvvv
Interesting info on the warranty and change of handle composition. i have an X25 which may be the older style since the handle is entirely black but it has served me well and generally splits the firewood with little effort. Nice to know if it fails they are there to stand behind it. On the other hand trying to find a replacement handle for my old Plumb Boy Scout hatchet was a real pain-went through 3 until I got one that worked correctly and my fingers are crossed as i have not put it through the paces yet.
The other thing too is just the general price. They are, compared to some of the other really expensive axes on the market, fairly affordable. I was actually just going to replace mine as it was just 20 bucks, but my wife suggested I look to see if they had a warranty. I beat the heck out my axe and hatchet so buying a new one every ten years or so is not a big deal.