Launch Member

Enthusiast III

South Florida
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Mike
Member #

Hey guys new to the forum. My first experience in what could be considered “overlanding” was traveling to bass tournaments and camping to save money for pizza and boat fuel. Anyway, since pictures are important to any fisherman, I’ll just leave these here.
Welcome! That's some good catches...definitely need to get myself a boat after seeing these.

Reactions: Drifterman

Jeepjk16

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor I

Panhandle FL, USA
Member #

I can't wait to get off trail and do some saltwater fishing here around the Panhandle. I remember doing a lot of fishing all over Florida with my grandparents time and time again. Now I plan to get back to that with kids in the months to come.

Jeepjk16

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor I

Panhandle FL, USA
Member #

Anybody know some really good fishing spots on the panhandle. I know to go to the Destin pier for fishing, but does anybody know where the fish will bite and make some big fish memories for sure? I'm in the Fort Walton Beach/ Destin area. I'm speaking just literally on shore and not chartering or going offshore.

Last edited:

Salty4Life

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Loxahatchee, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

when pier or beach fishing a good general rule is to fish the first or second wave troughs. Most people generally go to the end and cast straight out. Pompano, whiting, snook, and other desirable game fish hunt the troughs close to the beach.