Rank IV

Member III

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Hey folks, after several months of countless trips to maintenance fixing gremlins I’ve got my first planned trip! Bought a TLC built 5.3 restored J62 in November. Granted restored in 2012 needed some love due to previous owner having more money than sense, his classic Toyota maintenance used him as a cash cow. They hid their shoddy maintenance and cleaning it up.

That said starting on westside of Ozarks (AR) and drive east for 5 days hopefully make the length of Mulberry River. Super excited and have bought at least $10k of crap to support the adventure. Need to get my OB badge ordered to stick on window.

QUESTION: who’s stayed where from the White Rock Mtn area and go east? Dos Don’ts? What to avoid, seasonal challenges?

Reactions: Kirk M. and MazeVX

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
QUESTION: who’s stayed where from the White Rock Mtn area and go east? Dos Don’ts? What to avoid, seasonal challenges?
we've been in that area some and really like it. we went up to Cass and camped on the Mulberry River at Redding Recreational Area which was a few primative camp sites with a heated bathhouse there and it was $14 a night to stay. Then we went more east to Steel Creek on the Buffalo River and really liked that area. They limit camping there to tent camping and no rvs. Thats close to Jasper which is a cool little town with the Ozark Cafe which has phenominal burgers. There is a good bit of hiking and things to see all along there and we always take kayaks. Great kayaking if thats your thing.

Neilo

Rank IV

Member III

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

we've been in that area some and really like it. we went up to Cass and camped on the Mulberry River at Redding Recreational Area which was a few primative camp sites with a heated bathhouse there and it was $14 a night to stay. Then we went more east to Steel Creek on the Buffalo River and really liked that area. They limit camping there to tent camping and no rvs. Thats close to Jasper which is a cool little town with the Ozark Cafe which has phenominal burgers. There is a good bit of hiking and things to see all along there and we always take kayaks. Great kayaking if thats your thing.
I screenshot this, thanks for feedback. Main purchase items was Hester, generator, way too much money on newer camera and the rest is fluff usual stuff. I used to camp in the desert with the clothes on my back. I’m 50 now so trying to figure how the kitchen sink will fit, lol