sambleasdale

Rank 0

Contributor I

Spencer, TN, USA
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Bleasdale
Hey all, I'm tasked with planning a trip for a men's retreat. We have 4x4 trucks and most of us grew up trail riding so we are aren't completely new to off-roading. I'd find a mild-moderate trail within a few hours from home that we can ride and hopefully dispersed camp. I would really appreciate any suggestions, I've been searching the forum and have seen some good stuff in Cherokee NF but I'm completely new so I don't know how to plan a route and guage the time it will take etc. Thanks in Advance!

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
Hey all, I'm tasked with planning a trip for a men's retreat. We have 4x4 trucks and most of us grew up trail riding so we are aren't completely new to off-roading. I'd find a mild-moderate trail within a few hours from home that we can ride and hopefully dispersed camp. I would really appreciate any suggestions, I've been searching the forum and have seen some good stuff in Cherokee NF but I'm completely new so I don't know how to plan a route and guage the time it will take etc. Thanks in Advance!
Try Land Between the Lakes. Multiple trails and area for dispersed camping.

The Nashville group goes often.

Reactions: sambleasdale

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
Check out Windrock Park. We're going up towards the end of November but it seems like a pretty cool place FULL of trails.
I left some paint there. Stay off black diamond trails. They are more for rock bouncers or serious crawlers. I had to be winched out. Not worth it.

Fun place though. Best time is when there are no leaves on the trees. Much better views.

Enjoy!

Reactions: sambleasdale

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
I left some paint there. Stay off black diamond trails. They are more for rock bouncers or serious crawlers. I had to be winched out. Not worth it.

Fun place though. Best time is when there are no leaves on the trees. Much better views.

Enjoy!
Are all the black diamond trails bad? We were hoping to do most of them but wasn't too sure how bad they were. I run a JKU 3.5" Lift with full disconnects and 20x35's?

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
Are all the black diamond trails bad? We were hoping to do most of them but wasn't too sure how bad they were. I run a JKU 3.5" Lift with full disconnects and 20x35's?
Only attempted the one. No one in our group wanted anything to do with it.

You should not have a problem.

sambleasdale

Rank 0

Contributor I

Spencer, TN, USA
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Bleasdale
Well we completed the entire Big frog/Cohutta wilderness loop this weekend. It was a blast. Took us about 6-7 hours for the whole loop. Highly recommend it, it was very mild with just a couple obstacles that a lower clearance vehicle would struggle with. Thanks for the advice to all who chimed in.

Jean Klaude The Jeep

Rank VI
Investor

Traveler III

Lexington, Henderson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

Well we completed the entire Big frog/Cohutta wilderness loop this weekend. It was a blast. Took us about 6-7 hours for the whole loop. Highly recommend it, it was very mild with just a couple obstacles that a lower clearance vehicle would struggle with. Thanks for the advice to all who chimed in.
Where is the Big Frog/Cohutta Wilderness Loop? I haven’t heard about it.