First Timer trip to Uwharrie

• HTML tutorial

Nashmau5

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Fayetteville, NC
Member #

Just arrived to N.C. and purchased my first jeep and dying to explore. Read tons of excellent things to say about Uwharrie and I can’t wait to see it. My wife will be flying in so I’m looking forward to do a couple nights stay out there ( her intro to camping/ wheeling lol) looking to make this trip around the May/June timeframe next year. Reason I’m asking now is after seeing the preparation and gear needed to be safe and enjoyable is at a lot of work so any tips and advice I’d appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

bunzz

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

US
Just arrived to N.C. and purchased my first jeep and dying to explore. Read tons of excellent things to say about Uwharrie and I can’t wait to see it. My wife will be flying in so I’m looking forward to do a couple nights stay out there ( her intro to camping/ wheeling lol) looking to make this trip around the May/June timeframe next year. Reason I’m asking now is after seeing the preparation and gear needed to be safe and enjoyable is at a lot of work so any tips and advice I’d appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
How did this go? I'm planning to go out there this week. Would love to hear your experience.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jme

Rank 0

Traveler I

We love URE. Go as often as we can and we live over 3 hours away in Myrtle Beach. You can off-road, hike, mountain bike, horseback ride, fish, camp, kayak, and boat there. Be sure to check out the outpost when you're there as well. You have to get a pass there which is $5 a day or $30 for the year and they have some pretty good fried chicken and souvenirs.

There are some easy trails and some difficult ones. Don't do the hard ones unless you have people with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nashmau5

SPJEEP4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Wichita, KS
Member #

Uwharrie is a ton of fun. Used to go out there all the time when I was stationed in NC.

Here's a few pics I was able to dig up. Have fun
10398916_26326563312_5364_n.jpg 1923377_20507093312_3171_n.jpg 1923377_20507098312_3493_n.jpg

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Uwharrie is a blast. I might be able to join you on that trip if you want. Trails are relatively easy. Stay off of the three that start with a d. Dutch John, Daniel and Dickey bell have become the hardest trails out there. I’ve gone in a stock TJ and it did great. I climbed Daniel on 31s with 2” of lift. It’s all about the line you choose. As far as gear/supplies goes I pack u joints, fluids, tools, tent, air mattress, compressor, blankets, sometimes fishing gear, water and food in a yeti cooler, and cooking supplies. The outpost has excellent breakfast so we usually go there for breakfast, meet up with others and hit the trails. Be sure to check out Badin Lake.

Reactions: SPJEEP4x4

cody_hop

Rank 0

Traveler I

Bristol
I've Ben planning a trip there also and wouldn't mind meeting up for a day or so. Everything I've seen about it looks awesome.

Reactions: tsteb112

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
It’s fun to do weekend trips. Drive up Friday, set up camp, chill out go sight see a bit. Saturday we hit the outpost for breakfast and decide what trails we are doing and how to line up and we wheel all day. Sunday morning we will sometimes do some wheeling then head home or just head home.