Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
Nice. We should've stayed longer and I did NOT want to leave Colorado last month. Well...next year.

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

4runnerOffroad

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Englewood, Colorado 80112, United States
First Name
Nico
Last Name
Forcatto
Member #

I got lost with my buddies. We were supposed to go through a road called Ballard all the way to a road called Donner Pass. But there weren’t any sign, and I thought there might be. So we just kept going and going found a random place to camp

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

I gotcha thats a cool area when it goes right! Still is though. You were wanting get off 44h rd go up ballard to donner pass and back over to 44h to pingree? Yeah the signage isnt very good. There are better mapping software. But I found downloading google maps of thr area work well. Can run them on your phone even with no cell service. there is a cool lookout around that area too.

Last edited:

4runnerOffroad

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

First Name
Nico
Last Name
Forcatto
Member #

I gotcha thats a cool area when it goes right! Still is though. You were wanting get off 44h rd go up ballard to donner pass and back over to 44h to pingree? Yeah the signage isnt very good. There are better mapping software. But I found downloading google maps of thr area work well. Can run them on your phone even with no cell service. there is a cool lookout around that area too.
What are some of the mapping software that can be used? And how did you download the map? Just off the app?

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

Here is a youtube deal on how to use google maps offline.

I didnt know it could be done tell a couple months ago. At first I didnt think it worked tell it was off line and it worked pretty well

I havent used Gaia but have heard it works pretty well

Reactions: JCWages

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

I was wondering what the mountains was looking like, we drove back from our trip to the Grand Canyon yesterday. But drove through the rockies in the dark. Got to go for a drive this weekend for sure.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Yeah We stopped in the Fruta area I was trying to find the trail head for RattleSnake canyon but the coordinates The site I found on google for it sent me to a mountain bike trail head instead. It was dry as a desert there

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

We went to Rocky Mtn National Park on saturday todo some hiking at wild basin and was 82 degrees up there. Way to hot and dry. Was a nice hike though

4runnerOffroad

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

First Name
Nico
Last Name
Forcatto
Member #

We went to Rocky Mtn National Park on saturday todo some hiking at wild basin and was 82 degrees up there. Way to hot and dry. Was a nice hike though
Yeah, that’s when I was up near Donner Pass. Hot, dusty, and just annoying weather, especially when you are following other friends in their rigs

Reactions: Roam_CO85