Island County, Washington, United States
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Argleben
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
I just wanted to share my first diy trailer build it’s not the biggest but holds all the gear for 4 to 6 people to go camping/ over landing with if you have any ideas of things I could add I’m all up for suggestions.

Attachments

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
At first I thought you had a pop up camp trailer as your base, but then it appears to open like a clam shell with nothing inside. Is tat for hear storage or a sleep platform or both? Cool idea either way. Is the box up top for skis or recovery gear storage? How are you using it now? What/how would you like to use it? Limitless possibilities!

Reactions: 9Mike2

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
At first I thought you had a pop up camp trailer as your base, but then it appears to open like a clam shell with nothing inside. Is tat for hear storage or a sleep platform or both? Cool idea either way. Is the box up top for skis or recovery gear storage? How are you using it now? What/how would you like to use it? Limitless possibilities!
gear storage not “hear” it’s too early in the AM for my fingers to type, apparently... lol

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Nice build.. plenty of stowage for anything you want to drag along. Not especially my cup of tea, but if it works for you then great. The only thing I would suggest is, you should consider a bigger axle. After only a couple of trips here and there, over washboard roads, anything less than a 3500 lb axle will be toast. I used to have the small axles under my trailer and continually blew out the bearings and destroying the spindles. I’m a very slow learner so after the second failure I swapped in a 3500lb axle. That was 8 years ago. Good luck, you are a talented builder.

Reactions: 9Mike2 and lhoffm4