• HTML tutorial

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
I hope this is the right place to post this. I am going kayak camping at a local campground. This will be my first time. Any suggestions?
pack as light as you can and put EVERTHING in dry bags. are you planning on doing any portaging?

Reactions: El-Dracho

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
No i will be putting in and kayaking to an island. Just for the night.
perfect! that's the easy way. i used to do that for fishing trips and hop between island and shore. you should be fine .

Schnee91

Rank VI

Influencer II

Austintown, Ohio, United States
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Schneeman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPA723
Service Branch
Police Officer
Yeah i would like to do some river trips in the future but for now i will start with these island trips
Idk if you posted anywhere else, but how’d the trip go? I always bring my kayak with me on my trips. I haven’t camped out of kayak yet, but I’d love to this summer!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
We also often have our canoe with us when we travel. A great thing. By the way, we have an interesting post here on the OB Forum about PADDLER'S SAFETY & COLD WATER SURVIVAL. I think that is interesting and important for one or the other. Thanks to @Road for bringing this topic up here!

Reactions: Road

BlackDog1

Rank II

Enthusiast III

The Mitt
First Name
John
Last Name
C
Member #

pack low and in (as mentioned above) waterproof stuff sacks. I pack light and keep everything as low to the waterline as I can. If that wood is your fire wood I would leave it behind. I guess you could spread it out on your boat but if you stack it and strap it down maybe it'll make your boat top heavy. just an idea