First Contact On Ham

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

TheRebelTesh

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

California
First Name
Tesh
Last Name
Overland
Ham Callsign
KE6CKN
Right on! I dug out my UV-5R to see about programming it with CHIRP - any chance a EG / Sac Ham has a local file for repeaters? Otherwise is the best route to use repeaterbook online?

Thanks and hope to connect soon + chat on the weekly net!

Reactions: TahoePPV

RoarinRow

Rank V

Influencer I

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6JJS
Right on! I dug out my UV-5R to see about programming it with CHIRP - any chance a EG / Sac Ham has a local file for repeaters? Otherwise is the best route to use repeaterbook online?

I used Chirp for my other HT and works as advertised. For repeaters I just use the repeaterbook online and manually input the frequencies, etc. or the Chirp software of course.

Reactions: TheRebelTesh

TahoePPV

Rank VI

Influencer II

Buda, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham Callsign
KI5GH

I use repeaterbook a lot. Especially when traveling.

M Rose

US Northwest Region Director
Benefactor

Pathfinder II

La Grande, Oregon, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7MFV
Repeater Book when I’m traveling... for local repeaters some one from my club gave me an CSV document that I copy and paste into my programming software... and the. I learned that my IC7100 loads in the offset automatically and all I need to do is find the tone.