First Build

• HTML tutorial

TLTRD17

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Belmont, CA
Member #

Current searching for a reputable location to assist with my first build. Anyone know of one in the Bay Area?

Reactions: Kent R

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Your own garage... buy an air compressor, a 33 gallon craftsman at a minimum, buy an impact gun, craftsman’s $99 composite is a great starter, and some 3/8” air hose (or a reelcraft or coxreel air hose reel if you wanna go all out)... make sure you pick up a comprehensive set of hand tools too...

Buy some repair manuals, and watch how to do stuff on youtube.

You are now more knowledgeable than most people driving cars these days, and your knowledge will help you on the trail...

Only visit a shop in case of an emergency, or when a lift is absolutely neccessary...

James

TLTRD17

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Belmont, CA
Member #

Your own garage... buy an air compressor, a 33 gallon craftsman at a minimum, buy an impact gun, craftsman’s $99 composite is a great starter, and some 3/8” air hose (or a reelcraft or coxreel air hose reel if you wanna go all out)... make sure you pick up a comprehensive set of hand tools too...

Buy some repair manuals, and watch how to do stuff on youtube.

You are now more knowledgeable than most people driving cars these days, and your knowledge will help you on the trail...

Only visit a shop in case of an emergency, or when a lift is absolutely neccessary...

James
Thanks James for the input. About time become a DIY guy.

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Sure... I did it years ago when the Mitsu dealer quoted me $500 to change the timing belt on my 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer. I asked my wife if she was cool with me spending $420 on tools, and $80 on a timing belt, and the rest is history... Now I buy tools instead of other people's time....

James