First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Thorstenson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YLE
Hey OB community,

I know there are a ton of different companies out there that have pre-built first aid kits out there. Does anybody have recommendations for companies that sell kits, especially ones that would be beneficial to the OB Community?

gjkoenig

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger III

NJ, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Koenig
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UQW
Hey OB community,

I know there are a ton of different companies out there that have pre-built first aid kits out there. Does anybody have recommendations for companies that sell kits, especially ones that would be beneficial to the OB Community?
Did you check out the OB 3 in 1 Med Kit?

Reactions: thorstenson203

2dub

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Moyock, NC
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Workman
Whatever you get, make sure you know how to use it. All the bits and bobbles in the world are useless without knowledge. Not saying anything specific about you, just a general comment for anyone who stumbles along :).
^^^^^ This ^^^^^

Reactions: Sneaks

thorstenson203

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Diamond Bar, California, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Thorstenson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YLE

thorstenson203

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Thorstenson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YLE
Whatever you get, make sure you know how to use it. All the bits and bobbles in the world are useless without knowledge. Not saying anything specific about you, just a general comment for anyone who stumbles along :).
Definitely agree with you! I'm a CPR/First Aid Intructor, Wilderness First Aid Instructor, Emergency Medical Responder Instructor, and BLS Instructor and have literally seen people buy the fanciest first aid kits out there, but not know where everything is placed in it as well as not knowing how to use over half the stuff.

Reactions: Sneaks

thorstenson203

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Thorstenson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YLE
Reactions: Jdsint

Sneaks

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Maine
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Swenson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1MUR
Definitely agree with you! I'm a CPR/First Aid Intructor, Wilderness First Aid Instructor, Emergency Medical Responder Instructor, and BLS Instructor and have literally seen people buy the fanciest first aid kits out there, but not know where everything is placed in it as well as not knowing how to use over half the stuff.
I remember when I first got licensed, I made sure my jump packs were loaded to the gills with everything imaginable. It took me a few months to realize that half of the crap would be useless in 99% of the situations I would be operating out of the jump pack and actually got in the way of efficiently treating an emergency. BLS and call in the troops.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
As some have already written here, it is important to have a good 1st aid kit, which is tailored to the needs for which it is used AND to have the knowledge and skills to use it properly.

I can only appeal to regularly attend appropriate courses and training. Many people here in Europe do this exactly once in their life, namely as a mandatory event, when they get their driver's license. This is completely unacceptable to me. Please, educate yourselves regularly in first aid and attend trainings, refresh your knowledge and skills. Each of us can come in the next minute in this situation to have to help and then it is important to be able to do it!