FireStryker - a fire extinguishing product

• HTML tutorial

As a user of FireStryker, how strongly would you recommend?

• Strongly recommend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recommend

• Wouldn't recommend

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SteelWil

Rank IV
Investor

Influencer II

Aurora, Arapahoe County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Wilton
Last Name
Thomas
Member #

Hello Everyone. Been a member since last Fall but this is my first interaction. I have a question open to anyone? I saw a fire extinguishing product named FireStryker. It seems to be quite impressive. I was wondering if any one has any hands on experience with product. It seems only to be sold in Africa and Australia. Link below:
www.firestryker.co.za/

What's the best way to acquire this product in the U.S.A.?

Captain Josh

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid-Michigan
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Fornwall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4WOL
Neat? Has anyone used one?

I imagine you'd have to import it on your own, and who knows what kind of hoops that might take from a regulatory standpoint.

Robert Dooley

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Warrenton, Virginia
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Dooley
Member #

I wanted to pick one of these up for myself, so I visited the Fire Stryker Australian website. I thought I'd have to resort to an entrepreneur on eBay or something, but we are in luck. It looks like a company called element has licensed the Fire Stryker for sale in North America. It is for sale in the US and Canada under the brand name element.

$80 as of the time of this writing. I'll order mine this weekend. I may order two: one as a test unit and another that I'll hopefully never have to use.

barnstormers

Rank V

Explorer I

Rupert Idaho
First Name
Barney
Last Name
Fife
Member #

I reached out to Element with the question “how waterproof are these. This is the response I received. Barney,

Thank you for your order. Both the striker and the ignition surface are sealed from getting wet by the plastic caps, so this offers a substantial measure of protection. Like any piece of safety equipment, though, the extinguisher should be treated with some degree of care to ensure that it works when it is required.

The occasional splash of water or rain is not a problem, but sustained immersion can get to and damage both the striking/ignition surfaces or the extinguishing chemical. A little common sense should be exercised but the extinguisher really is very tough since it has no moving parts to dislodge or break and it is also very resistant to extremes in temperature.

Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Paul Calisi

barnstormers

Rank V

Explorer I

Rupert Idaho
First Name
Barney
Last Name
Fife
Member #

I reached out to Element with the question “how waterproof are these. This is the response I received. Barney,

Thank you for your order. Both the striker and the ignition surface are sealed from getting wet by the plastic caps, so this offers a substantial measure of protection. Like any piece of safety equipment, though, the extinguisher should be treated with some degree of care to ensure that it works when it is required.

The occasional splash of water or rain is not a problem, but sustained immersion can get to and damage both the striking/ignition surfaces or the extinguishing chemical. A little common sense should be exercised but the extinguisher really is very tough since it has no moving parts to dislodge or break and it is also very resistant to extremes in temperature.

Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Paul Calisi
I thought this was excellent customer service. I received an answer in less than two hrs. I have ordered 4 of these. I just suffered a catastrophic fire in my 38 ft RV and all 3 extinguishers were inside and I was outside. Now I’ll have 1 for the truck, 1 for the kitchen, 1 for the garage and 1 for the shop.

Reactions: bmwguru

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

I wanted to pick one of these up for myself, so I visited the Fire Stryker Australian website. I thought I'd have to resort to an entrepreneur on eBay or something, but we are in luck. It looks like a company called element has licensed the Fire Stryker for sale in North America. It is for sale in the US and Canada under the brand name element.

$80 as of the time of this writing. I'll order mine this weekend. I may order two: one as a test unit and another that I'll hopefully never have to use.

I picked up a Element fire extinguisher as well. Seems like the best value for an extinguisher IMHO.