Fire Pans

• HTML tutorial

buckwilk

Rank IV

Advocate II

yuma, az
I researched firepans got no results, so I posted a thread. You shut the thread down with two threads started a year ago. If your goal is to stifle threads, you are successful. You chime in on threads with other threads posted previously, what is the point of a mod interfering with a current thread ? I and many others weren't here a year ago. If we follow your rules we have to read everything from day one before we contribute. I like this place, I like coming here. I don't like the attitude from you that because something has been discussed that it doesn't deserve a fresh look. New products enter the market every day and what was hot a year ago is old news today. If folks have no interest in a thread they won't respond. The idea that you need to inject your personal bias into this forum is, IMO, a negative.

nomad666

Rank 0

Contributor II

I agree with you buckwilk but we have to put up with it time to time in this sheople society one reason I stay well clear of big social media sites..

Now I made my own DIY firepit/pan does not look fancy unless you need that but then it did not cost me $300+ ether

if you're at all interested and like to DIY stuff this may at least give you an idea. http://nomadexpedition.tk/expedition/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=312

Reactions: buckwilk

canadianoverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Whitehorse, YT, Canada
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
and Laurie
Member #

IMG_1022.JPG We bought this one at Canadian Tirein BC when we were out there this summer. The fire index was extreme and fire ban was on. So I got one of these on sale for 60 bucks.
It works great, hook up a 1lb propane bottle to it and you have a small, cozy, camp fire that you can turn on and off regardless of weather, wind, or fire bans. And we can have it under our awning when it's raining. I never thought I'd like these, I always thought they were for some trendy civilian city slicker, but I gotta say, I really like it.
These types should be on sale after thanks giving if not before as part of inventory liquidation for new stock.
No offence intended to the trendies!

buckwilk

Rank IV

Advocate II

yuma, az
View attachment 33564 We bought this one at Canadian Tirein BC when we were out there this summer. The fire index was extreme and fire ban was on. So I got one of these on sale for 60 bucks.
It works great, hook up a 1lb propane bottle to it and you have a small, cozy, camp fire that you can turn on and off regardless of weather, wind, or fire bans. And we can have it under our awning when it's raining. I never thought I'd like these, I always thought they were for some trendy civilian city slicker, but I gotta say, I really like it.
These types should be on sale after thanks giving if not before as part of inventory liquidation for new stock.
No offence intended to the trendies!

Do you know the name brand ?

canadianoverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Whitehorse, YT, Canada
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
and Laurie
Member #

Do you know the name brand ?
"For Living Outdoor Camp Fire"

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/for-living-outdoor-camp-fire-0851559p.html#srp

It is currently not on sale. It is regular price for $100 CDN dollars.
I'd wait for it to go on sale. We lucked out at 69 bucks this summer.
You do have another option.
With the dollar the way it is and the exchange rate, if you have friends or family that live near the Canadian boarder, have them go across and buy it or something similar. You will save 30% or what ever the exchange is, making it cheaper for you. That way you can use the savings to have it mailed to you by who ever bought it for you. This is even better if you wait till it goes on sale in Canada...even more savings.
It's not a real wood fire.....but you know what it works, you can do pop corn , s'mores, hot dogs, and marshmallows on it.
I hope that helps.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk