First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Light Tunnel Pic.png
The 2020 show season for Overlanders has been pretty much decimated to the point Overlanding has ceased to exist as a participation event almost worldwide due to Covid-19. Our Overlanding itch has been scratched by working on our vehicles, keeping in contact via social media with other overlanders and planning for the long awaited end of lock down.

Well restrictions are finally easing as lock down is being lifted but sadly at different rates throughout the home nations making things a little more complicated to plan events regionally.
I think we will all need to think carefully about events and meets we are willing to attend in the future with some members having already expressed that big group meets are not for them for the time being where as others are happy to go to shows. So everyone needs to look at their own situation and risk factors to make the decision that works for them.

So with that said I have been in contact with the organiser of the Late Adventure Overland Show scheduled to go ahead in September to get some idea of what is to be expected. The hope is that the show will be able to go ahead but that relies on the government lifting the ban on mass gatherings. Whilst they think any indoor shows such as NEC etc will not be allowed anytime this year they do feel there is a chance for outdoor events.

Everything is in place to allow the show to go ahead even if the ban on mass gatherings is lifted a few days before the event. Specific solutions around social distancing are being put in place such as seminars being held in seating grandstand areas and PA system used. Catering is all outside anyway and the beer tent will have a one way system.

The camping area always has plenty space but to allow even more social distancing the meadow which is the flat grass area immediately adjacent to the racecourse will also be available.

Currently 80% of the traders are onboard to attend the late and possibly last show of the year although I think after being isolated for much of the show season this will be even more of a social event for overlanders to meet up.

What ever meets, greets and events members want to attend support from OB will be there as long as you are following local government guidelines whether it is a 2 or 20 vehicle meet or the Late Adventure Overland Show and all members are equally important.

So what ever trips anyone is planning let me know how I can support you and please share your trips so other members can see what you have been up to. Our membership is still growing here in the UK specifically and I'm happy to see more and more members being active within our forums etc.

Stay safe everyone and here's looking to getting back to overlanding normality.

paramatt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shropshire England
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Ziola
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7MJZ
I think updates like this will be super handy to keep us all up to date with what’s going on!
It’s all a bit last minute right now because we just don’t know what’s going to happen from week to week.
Thanks for the update and let’s hope the show happens!

Reactions: Polaris Overland

lonebrave

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Maryland, United States
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Hasser
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3DVY
Just saw that they announced 10 September that the Adventure Overland Show for this weekend is cancelled.