Finally pulling the trigger on my suspension!!

• HTML tutorial

Lifes2short4BS

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Half Moon Bay, Ca
First Name
Scotty
Last Name
N
Member #

She's an '04.5 Ram with 150k on her. The bushings are shot... There's popping felt in the pedals as I go over bumps. Some have suggested that it's my control arm bushings...I haven't been able to put a finger on it yet...I have Rancho 9000S shocks, which I regretted the day I installed them. So I'm hoping that all is resolved with my Carli Pintop kit, torsion sway bar, and control arms.

edit: I tried to make hyper links... but it didn't work right

1largemouth

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Martinez
Member #

I did mine when I felt as if it was getting sloppy and making noises as well, not sure if you have the same symptoms as a mid sized truck backing up with wheel cranked & pop! Go forward wheels turned and another pop! it's not an easy job, blood, sweat, and beers got mine done, but more than likely it will help with your issue... The thing with the suspension is u can chase around trying to figure out the problem may not find it at 1st but eventually your rig will be right! Good luck dude!

Lifes2short4BS

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Half Moon Bay, Ca
First Name
Scotty
Last Name
N
Member #

I did mine when I felt as if it was getting sloppy and making noises as well, not sure if you have the same symptoms as a mid sized truck backing up with wheel cranked & pop! Go forward wheels turned and another pop! it's not an easy job, blood, sweat, and beers got mine done, but more than likely it will help with your issue... The thing with the suspension is u can chase around trying to figure out the problem may not find it at 1st but eventually your rig will be right! Good luck dude!
Thanks bro, my suspension project started with a blown shock and a mild case of "Death Wobble"...I was able to remedy that, but part of changing all that made it apparent that the bushings are shot and the shocks I bought sucked......I just wish it was tomorrow night already.

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

Definitely change it when you start hearing the pops. I bought my truck from a guy who thought it would be a good idea to put a 2-inch leveling spacer on top of Bilstein coil overs set at 2.8 without a dif drop. My ball joints were waaaaay maxed out and I ended up shearing the ball joints and having to pay $4k to fix it. That's when I redid my suspension.
1610900_10153184332739634_6085311195307758171_n (1).jpg

Lifes2short4BS

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Half Moon Bay, Ca
First Name
Scotty
Last Name
N
Member #

Definitely change it when you start hearing the pops. I bought my truck from a guy who thought it would be a good idea to put a 2-inch leveling spacer on top of Bilstein coil overs set at 2.8 without a dif drop. My ball joints were waaaaay maxed out and I ended up shearing the ball joints and having to pay $4k to fix it. That's when I redid my suspension.
View attachment 7405
OUCH!!!!!