Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Due to an odd, hidden, very small coolant hose (didn't know it was there), my Land Cruiser engine did a nuclear melt down. This was last July and I had loaned it to someone to help them out. Well it was during the massive heat wave we had and the person driving ignored the coolant smell (2 days) and drove it till it seized.
BIG Sigh.
From July until November anything that could go wrong did. Now as of today the new motor is broken in and the last of the way too numerous small annoying details are done.

Since I was young, I have managed to go camping at least once every 2 months. This year I have missed the summer, fall and early winter trips. Needless to say, Im climbing the walls. I never realized how important it was (to me) to get out, stare at the stars and just sit by a fire.
Now some serious planning is in order.
I cant wait.

Scott

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Due to an odd, hidden, very small coolant hose (didn't know it was there), my Land Cruiser engine did a nuclear melt down. This was last July and I had loaned it to someone to help them out. Well it was during the massive heat wave we had and the person driving ignored the coolant smell (2 days) and drove it till it seized.
BIG Sigh.
From July until November anything that could go wrong did. Now as of today the new motor is broken in and the last of the way too numerous small annoying details are done.

Since I was young, I have managed to go camping at least once every 2 months. This year I have missed the summer, fall and early winter trips. Needless to say, Im climbing the walls. I never realized how important it was (to me) to get out, stare at the stars and just sit by a fire.
Now some serious planning is in order.
I cant wait.

Scott
Glad to hear you're getting back into the wild.....