Rank II

Enthusiast I

Independence, Jackson County, Missouri, United States
First Name
Erich
Last Name
Mohler
Member #

Just rolled into town this evening with the kids. We came via KCMO and missed the memo on mud slides on I70 between Breckinridge and Glenwood Springs.

The 4 hour detour was horrible and nearly ended the trip when a F350 decided to pass about 5 cars over a hilltop in a no passing zone. Thankfully I’ve been trained and driving defensively for over 20 years.

Gently applied brakes while driving to the curb on the 2 lane mountain pass to avoid the head on collision but picked up a partial piece of chewed up retread from a semi on the shoulder. We were lucky and blessed that this incident didn’t end up with anything worse than significant body work…

To the driver of the wrong way, illegally passing, speeding and reckless driving expert… Hope you made it home safe and NEVER put people’s lives at risk like this again… now I wish I had a dash cam….

Attachments

Reactions: Kozysnack

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Hopefully you missed the kayak races down the main street in Moad following the same storm that caused the I70 mud slide!

Travel safe, nice save.

Reactions: EMohler

EMohler

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Independence, Jackson County, Missouri, United States
First Name
Erich
Last Name
Mohler
Member #

Hopefully you missed the kayak races down the main street in Moad following the same storm that caused the I70 mud slide!
Nah, just got in town, staying in the Fairfield at the North End so no clue what’s happening lol. Maybe I need to look up what’s going on with weather before going out too far
Travel safe, nice save.